“Great food, view & Chef Alex”
Review of Sheer Rocks

Sheer Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheer Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at Cocobay for our honeymoon and for our last full day we went to Sheer Rocks for lunch. We reserved a bed and indulged in drinks and apps. Absolutely delicious. When we made out reservations the night before, Chef Alex was there and was an absolute sweetheart. Our resort friends have recommend that we get the fried calamari and when we didn’t see it on the menu for the next day he said that he would make sure that we would be able to order it.

The plunge pool was beautiful, service was great and food was awesome.

1  Thank Kate G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've been coming to Antigua for a while now and top of our lists of restaurants to visit is Sheer Rocks, and I thought it was time to write a review. I was so pleased to see that on our recent visit it had only got better. There is no place I'd rather be to relax with my husband sipping Lemon Tart cocktails (a must try!) watching the sunset on a Sunday evening. I could write for hours about how wonderful the setting is, how delicious the food is or how kind and polite the staff are, but it seems everyone else has beaten me to it.
What I will say, which never really makes on to a restaurant review is how after eating at other establishments in Antigua, it has to be one of the cleanest and tidiest, which for a restaurant open to the elements is something of an achievement. We can't wait to get back there!

3  Thank Nina_A-W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sheer Rocks was exactly as I imagined it and more!!

First let me say thank you, I had emailed Kate in advance to book reservations for a daybed to watch the glorious sunset and to stay and enjoy a fabulous dinner. We booked, we confirmed, and being that I was all caught up in wedding and honeymoon plans I actually confirmed a week too late.

We arrived, we were offered delicious beverages and they completely accommodated us for the evening. We did have the pleasure of watching the sunset, sipping tropical cocktails, dipping our feet in the plunge pool, it was all very magical.

Alex came out and introduced himself, we had a little laugh over my mix up with the dates and he proceeded to create a meal for us that was absolutely delightful.

We were given a prime table overlooking the water and I was presented with a beautiful white flower. We started with appetizers, asparagus tart for my husband which he still raves about it, the most delicious tomato lobster bisque for me with tortellini, grilled Mahi Mahi done to perfection and Giant sea scallops with pork bellies for Dave. Absolutely divine. We enjoyed a bottle of red wine and even though I would have loved dessert, I chose to drink mine by way of a Piña Colada before dinner. Our entire meal, pre dinner cocktails, numerous courses, and a bottle of wine was under $200 US. (I was completely surprised at how affordable it was considering the quality).

The view is breathtaking, the dinner was one of the best we've had, the service was wonderful!! What a gem on the beautiful island of Antigua.

We look forward to returning on our anniversary...definitely a must for all vacationers to the island.

Thanks again for making a part of our honeymoon even more delightful.

Best regards,

Mrs. Melissa Lance

1  Thank Glamourgirl28
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I should have known I was in for a wonderful experience when I signed up for cookery lessons with Alex at my favourite restaurant and bar in Antigua. You should see the view from the kitchen!

The class size was limited so we got the optimum experience learning, cooking and tasting the wonderful restaurant dishes including Tuna tartare, Arancini and Lemon sorbet (which we'll be incorporating into the famous lemon tart cocktail next week). All were totally delicious and I can't wait to try them out at home this week. The techniques tips were also great. We ended with a tutorial from Charles (in my opinion the best barman in the world) who taught us to make my favourite Sheer Rocks cocktail - the mojhito. My effort was perfect and I must admit I've been out this morning to buy the ingredients to make more this afternoon (good thing I'm growing mint). Alex has given us a wonderful bound recipe book which we'll be updating each week.

Sadly the course is only 4 x Saturdays - this is my only problem - Alex PLEASE can we extend the course????

I'll end advising anyone who lives on the island to sign up for these lessons, you won't be disappointed. Sheer Rocks ROCKS!!!!!

1  Thank suefieldscript
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everything about this place is wonderful. The decor is beautiful and the view is awesome. The food here was the best we had. The shrimp tortellini appetizer was delicious as were the grilled mahi mahi and the veal milanese. The drinks were great and so was the chocolate souffle. A must if you are in Antigua.

1  Thank il0veeur0pe