“Honeymoon splendor!!”
Review of Sheer Rocks

Sheer Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
Sheer Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Saint Mary's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sheer Rocks philosophy is simple. fresh ingredients, local produce. casual dining with discrete yet super friendly service. quality wines, inventive cocktails. sultry lounge beats & crashing waves. day beds for lounging & a plunge pool for chilling. a unique tapas menu & a romantically cool & stylish retreat for dinner. a british chef with tons of passion & probably the best bartender in the caribbean. sheer rocks is an experience ... enjoy it responsibly...
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sheer Rocks was exactly as I imagined it and more!!

First let me say thank you, I had emailed Kate in advance to book reservations for a daybed to watch the glorious sunset and to stay and enjoy a fabulous dinner. We booked, we confirmed, and being that I was all caught up in wedding and honeymoon plans I actually confirmed a week too late.

We arrived, we were offered delicious beverages and they completely accommodated us for the evening. We did have the pleasure of watching the sunset, sipping tropical cocktails, dipping our feet in the plunge pool, it was all very magical.

Alex came out and introduced himself, we had a little laugh over my mix up with the dates and he proceeded to create a meal for us that was absolutely delightful.

We were given a prime table overlooking the water and I was presented with a beautiful white flower. We started with appetizers, asparagus tart for my husband which he still raves about it, the most delicious tomato lobster bisque for me with tortellini, grilled Mahi Mahi done to perfection and Giant sea scallops with pork bellies for Dave. Absolutely divine. We enjoyed a bottle of red wine and even though I would have loved dessert, I chose to drink mine by way of a Piña Colada before dinner. Our entire meal, pre dinner cocktails, numerous courses, and a bottle of wine was under $200 US. (I was completely surprised at how affordable it was considering the quality).

The view is breathtaking, the dinner was one of the best we've had, the service was wonderful!! What a gem on the beautiful island of Antigua.

We look forward to returning on our anniversary...definitely a must for all vacationers to the island.

Thanks again for making a part of our honeymoon even more delightful.

Best regards,

Mrs. Melissa Lance

1  Thank Glamourgirl28
Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I should have known I was in for a wonderful experience when I signed up for cookery lessons with Alex at my favourite restaurant and bar in Antigua. You should see the view from the kitchen!

The class size was limited so we got the optimum experience learning, cooking and tasting the wonderful restaurant dishes including Tuna tartare, Arancini and Lemon sorbet (which we'll be incorporating into the famous lemon tart cocktail next week). All were totally delicious and I can't wait to try them out at home this week. The techniques tips were also great. We ended with a tutorial from Charles (in my opinion the best barman in the world) who taught us to make my favourite Sheer Rocks cocktail - the mojhito. My effort was perfect and I must admit I've been out this morning to buy the ingredients to make more this afternoon (good thing I'm growing mint). Alex has given us a wonderful bound recipe book which we'll be updating each week.

Sadly the course is only 4 x Saturdays - this is my only problem - Alex PLEASE can we extend the course????

I'll end advising anyone who lives on the island to sign up for these lessons, you won't be disappointed. Sheer Rocks ROCKS!!!!!

1  Thank suefieldscript
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everything about this place is wonderful. The decor is beautiful and the view is awesome. The food here was the best we had. The shrimp tortellini appetizer was delicious as were the grilled mahi mahi and the veal milanese. The drinks were great and so was the chocolate souffle. A must if you are in Antigua.

1  Thank il0veeur0pe
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I could seriously write an entire page on this restaurant and how amazing it is, but I won't. IT IS INCREDIBLE!! The view is unbelievable, drinks are delicious, and the food is absolutely the best you'll find. The chef came out and introduced himself and talked for about 5 minutes which was so nice. He really has done an amazing job and should be so proud of his restaurant. Go right before sunset and relax on one of the 4 poster beds while having a cocktail---it is the best experience. I just wish I could live at this place:)

Food is pricey, but SO SO worth it. It's not just dinner, it's an entire experience. Prices in US $ is between $30-$60 per entree...drinks are around $10. Just go and you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank texasgirl8422
KateRocks, Owner at Sheer Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Sheer Rocks. We really do appreciate you taking the time to let trip advisor and its many reviewers know of your great experience at our restaurant.

We do however wish to point out that all of our prices are quoted in Eastern Caribbean Dollars and include local taxes. Our most expensive main course is currently priced at EC$85 which equates to approximately US$32. Nothing on our menu is more expensive than this apart from a small selection of Champagne and Wines.

Once again we thank you for taking the time to review us and hope you will come back on your return to Antigua.

Kate & Alex
Sheer Rocks

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My last Sunday in Antigua was spent at Sheer Rocks having their own take on Tapas. Their take should become everyone's take as it was simply magnificent and the whole experience was one of a great chilled out day, in lovely surroundings, with great service and of course, terrific food. This should be a must for everyone who visits Antigua.