Loved it! The level of service at the Verandah is second to none. Nothing was too much bother. The friendliness of the staff and the eagerness to satisfy I don't think I have ever witnessed anything like it anywhere in the world. The Verandah had been open for under a year at the time, and although it showed as there were still some small villas being built, the guests were all away from the works' - didn't bother us in the slightest and could only be seen entering and leaving the hotel grounds. We were booked into a sea front villa, right on the beach and stunning views. very well maintained with lots of complimentary goodies everywhere. Had mosquito nets on all doors and windows which is a god send for a place like Antigua. In short, a very comfortable room.
The grounds itself is quite well designed. short walk to the main beach, central area with huge pool, bar and restaurants. Ice boxes scattered around the complex for that all important chilled drink at any time of day or night.
Several restaurants to choose from, main buffet restaurant, separate a la carte and a slightly higher class gourmet restaurant (not included in your AI board basis). tons of variety, never boring with different themes on various nights. Breakfast however did get a tad repetitive, although I couldn't think of anything else they could have really offered.
Guest relations organised my family 3 separate outings which were amazing. Its about 30mins into St john's itself, which is a must for satisfying your souvenir urge - although be sure to check the shipping schedules and go at a time a cruise ship is not docked as it can get extremely busy!
The hotel also has quite a large kid's club with huge activity areas and climbing frames and other things to keep the little ones occupied. This was the first time we had used a child minding service at a hotel and although slightly worrying at first, they really helped ease my mind and our 4 yr old couldn't have been happier.
Just to sum up, the Verandah is great and we will be going back there... hope this helps...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, West Indies, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip