“Gorgeous resort, excellent staff, great times!”

The Verandah Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Philip
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Gorgeous resort, excellent staff, great times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had an amazing experience with my 1 week stay at the Verandah. The upgraded room with the waterfront view definitely met my expectations. Waking up every morning with a view of the beach and the clear turquoise water made it worth every extra penny. I shared a room with one of my close friends and we had a blast with all of the beach activities that were offered at the resort. From kayaking, to paddle boarding, to snorkelling to mini put we definitely were able to keep busy on the resort and explore some more of the water. The staff at the resort was truly amazing and a lot of fun to hang out with, especially the pool bar staff. Big shout outs to Arden, Andre, Tony, Chad, Tanya and Jenielie for going above and beyond to show us a great time. Would have loved to stay longer and explore more of the island, but will have to save that for another trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kiley R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,357)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 week at the Verandah Resort in the beginning of June... what a fantastic place. Our room was overlooking the beach, and we really liked that all the rooms were in small villas throughout the garden rather than in a large accommodation 'block'. The room was clean and fairly large. However we really hardly spent any time in our room, the beach was so beautiful and the water so warm and perfect for lazing around all day. The water is very shallow for quite a way out, so seemed safe for kids. The food was surprisingly good, better than other all inclusive resorts I have stayed at. We did eat at Nicole's one night, which was at a supplement...It was nice but not entirely necessary, I would have been just as happy to have stayed in the buffet restaurant. The gym and other sport facilities looked great but I have to admit we didn't use them. Finally, most important, the service was fantastic...such friendly staff and a really warm atmosphere around the hotel. Overall, we had a wonderful holiday and would recommend this for families and couples.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carley L
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

This is a nice place to relax a highlight for us was that the resort seemed very empty despite being 82% full. With 2 beaches and 3 pools if you want to get away from it you can. The accommodation was large and clean, the food was nice in the restaurant, always a fish dish, something on the carvery and lots of choice. The staff were very friendly.

If you like snorkeling then you'll need to go a fair way out but the sea is shallow, an adult can stand up. We saw lots of vareity and some barracuda etc. if you have children they will enjoy the mini golf.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a wonderful 8 days at this great resort. Everything was perfect from arrival to departure. All the staff are so friendly and welcoming and the food especially in Buckeneers was amazing. We will definitely return in the future. we also loved the large yellow rings that they have on both beaches to relax in with a drink and to cool off .it was just perfect thanku

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank tinaandmel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

As soon as you enter The Verandah Resort and Spa you feel welcomed right away! Once you step out the taxi the receptionist is waiting to offer you a glass or champagne or fresh cold lemonade and a mist cold towel. After checking in you get a friendly tour of the resort and all the amenities they have for you to enjoy on your vacation. Once I entered my room it was like a just like all the commercials and photographs I’ve see about a beautiful get away in the Caribbean. From a beautiful view of the ocean outside my patio to my gorgeous bathroom with flowers all around! My stay at The Verandah was absolutely amazing; it was definitely a vacation that I will never forget. The friendly environment resort welcomes couples, families, and children. There is something for everyone to enjoy! My first night I enjoyed a delicious meal at the Beach Bar and Grill and had a yummy pizza and a glass of wine. There are four restaurants to choose from for dinner; you can enjoy a delicious meal at the Beach Bar and Grill, Seabreeze buffet style, Buccaneers, or upscale Nicole’s Restaurant. Afterwards I went to the Main Bar for a tasty Antigua Smile and some live entertaining which was fabulous! I only wish the bars had a cocktail list to see some of the drinks available. The Verandah always has some type of entertainment to enjoy. Every morning I would start my day with some yummy breakfast at Seabreeze with literally anything you would eat for breakfast and then afterwards head over to the gym for morning stretch class with Shannon! Shannon is one the activities instructors which made a big impact during my stay! His energy and friendly character made me automatically smile and laugh. The weather was absolutely beautiful so I had to take advantage of the pools and beaches available! When I wasn’t tanning by the beach I was enjoying the fun water sports. I nearly tried all the activities because I couldn’t resist and the staff was so friendly and helpful. I encourage everyone to participate in the daily activities because there is so much to do and the staff makes it worth your while. I literally attended most of the fun activities from the Drink Making Class with Q, to the Cooking Class with Chef John, to Bingo with Sam, to Mini Golf Tournament with Shannon, and Water Aerobatics. There is always something fun to do at The Verandah. If you didn’t find any of those activities to your liking you can visit the guest services to speak with a tour representative to arrange some activities around the beautiful Antigua. I recommend The Xtreme; the minute I got on the boat the staff was so friendly. Shawn, Eddie, and Trevor made the boat ride so much fun and entertaining! Swimming with the sting rays, visiting green land for a yummy picnic lunch to the historic background of English harbor and snorkeling in the beautiful waters of Antigua and not to forget some punch rum to end a great day of adventure. Also, I couldn’t resist from enjoying a relaxing massage at the spa. The staff at The Verandah were all so attentive and friendly! Manager Lionel and General Manager Philippe were always making sure the guests had the perfect vacation and at their service for whatever needed. My perfect vacation in the Caribbean was everything I imagined and I thank The Verandah for making it everything I dreamed of! I plan on returning soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Franccesca R
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

First time in the Caribbean and it won't be the last. The Verandah exceeded our expectations. Beautifully kept, the grounds are stunning. Our villa was large, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The standards are high in every respect from staff to food. We actually cheered when we were told that our flight was delayed by two hours as it was bonus time on the beach for us. We will book again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sandra K
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I wrote a review on the Verandah after my 1st stay and have just returned from my 4th stay at the Verandah and it just gets better, it deserves another review. Every year we return something has been improved. The main beach has been enlarged, the smaller beach now has a bar that serves food and the day time entertainment staff have got something for everyone to get involved in. I particularly enjoyed my morning stretch with Sam every day. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, all with a lovely view. There is a good choice of restaurants serving food to suit every ones taste from fine dining to a burger on the beach. But the really best asset the Verandah has is their lovely staff, they always have a smile for you and an offer of help if you need it. Cant wait to get back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cocobay Resort
Cocobay Resort
#1 of 3 in Bolans
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,227 reviews

Been to The Verandah Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!