The Verandah is in a beautiful location. The views out over the sea are spectacular and the location at the end of a long bay means that the sea is calm and safe.
We stayed in a water-front cottage, very spacious with a separate loung/kitchen area and fantastic view over the bay. We were lucky to be very close to the beach, pool and restaurant area. The resort covers a very large area and the outerlying cottages are up to 10 mins walk from the resort centre. We found the 'golf cart' service which runs around thre resort to be erratic. A return trip to the Reception (at the Resort entrance) took an unbelievable 45 mins.
The beach and pools are simply beautiful. The resort was pretty empty when we stayed, so plenty of sun loungers available. We often saw goats and donkeys on the beach, which was fun. A shame about the topless bathing, anyone over 30 should simply not do this!!!!
There are soft drinks available on the beach, but for anything else you will need to walk up a flight of steps to the bar. This is no real issue unless you have several drinks to carry. We found our Tray highly useful.
Food was OK, not great. We were not allowed to eat in Nicole's as our party of 13 was considered too large, even though we offered to split up. The service ranged from excellent to frankly rude, which is a real shame as with a little bit of effort with this could make such a difference. There was a marked improvement on our last night when the Manager was around.
Most of the staff really were very pleasant, very good with the children and always friendly. It was just a few that let the side down, but unfortunately it tends to be this that you remember. Security-wise the hotel felt very safe.
Overall we had a great stay, and would recommend the Verandah. Do not go on any basis other than full-board or All-inclusive, there is nothing much near by and prices in the shops at the Verandah are extortionate. Recommend walking over to Devil's Bridge (no more than 10 mins walk). We also went on the Antigua Rainforest zip-lining tour, and thoroughly recommend this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class All-Inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our two white sand beaches! The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars and four swimming pools. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more. Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center. We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, West Indies, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philips