Verandah Resort and Spa,
Ignore the comments about leaking showers since they should learn to soap before showering. Ignore comments about food since every night there are different theme choices with two or three alternatives every night. Ignore comments about hardness of beds because one could always get a mattress pad by asking.
Verandah Resort & Spa is an excellent facility, only seven years old with an eco-friendly emphasis. The staff (over 100) are helpful, genuine and appreciative of the visit. The owners own five star facilities throughout the Caribbean and cater to refined tastes – this is not the typical bar in the pool resort with rah rah facilities. This is a resort with an emphasis on quality, relaxation and safety. Unlike other resorts, tipping is not necessary but gratefully received. The staff too are helpful, gracious and appreciative of the opportunity to work. There is a good training program.
Verandah recycles everything and the resort has its own water desalination facility– it is self-sustainable and the imprint on the environmentally sensitive area of Antigua is minimal. The resort is super clean, abundant sport facilities, well laid out and facilities first rate (including 18 hole mini gold course).
Wi-fi is abundant in public areas and does not feel crowded nor are you treated like cattle.
Foodies will like vegetarian options, great jerk chicken and blue cheese. AAA strip loins were for the first time in the Caribbean. And, where else also can you get single malt to watch the tide come in.
There is a great many visitors from the United Kingdom which provides a degree of civility, not known among other resorts which are heavily populated with Americans and Quebecois. Congrats to General Manager Philipe for his constant presence. Don’t listen to the boobirds. Verandah is a great place for a holiday. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, West Indies, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philips