First the positives:
Our welcome at airport, check in and attention to our specific room selection was faultless.
Our room was clean and well appointed, the added touch of the cold water jug in the refrigerator was thoughtful and appreciated
The food at the buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner was excellent and varied
The beach staff were happy to help, patient and knowledgeable
The entertainers in the evening were very talented
The mini-putt was fun and in great shape
The ‘off the grid’ operation of the resort is wonderful and encourages a good feeling
The gardeners do a magnificent job of creating and up-keeping a lush tropical paradise
The afternoon tea was an appreciated nice touch
Fantastic and plentiful beach/pool towel service
Excellent Gym facilities and equipment
Guest services office was wonderful with great hours
The bar staff would rank the worst we have ever experienced at any resort, including 3 star hotels in much less expensive settings. They all were borderline rude, unhappy and left all of us with an unpleasant memory.
The service at the Buccaneer restaurant was so slow we decided not to return again and not to even bother with Nicole's. Your main pool area bar offered the choice of Pinot Grigio, our favourite wine but this was not available in the buffet or Buccaneer restaurants. We had to go ourselves to get this wine if we wanted it, a little strange to say the least.
All in all our vacation was both restful and enjoyable. We hope to return to Antigua some day and would consider returning to this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip