We usually go to Cancun or Riviera Maya, but this year our family expended so we were looking for less noisy and more kids friendly resort.
Verandah suited very well, we felt welcomed by the resort personnel and felt like we belong to this resort.
At the time of our visit(end of October 2013), approximately 50% of the visitors were with kids, 40% of visitors were retired people, and only 10% were young couples.
There was no lineups to book a restaurant, no problem to find beach chair in shade in the middle of the day. Contrary to all the other resorts we visited, there was no laud entertainment, no drunk people outside/in the pool/by the bar or on the beach.
The buffet was also different than in all other places we visited. There was no huge selection of food. The was no 15 types of salads, no 10 choices of meat, no spectacular decorations made of water melons and pineapples and so on. But everything was tasty! Every dish was fresh, eatable and cooked like home.
Excellent, quite place to rest and have fun with little kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, West Indies and BookIt.com so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip