Family went June 28 - July 5th.
Grounds: Outstanding, very clean. A fair amount of walking to get from here to there but helps work off your over eating on vacation!
Staff: Very friendly. Some of the bar tenders forgot to take their happy pills but all were fast and efficient - so I really cant complain.
Rooms; Very clean and water views are awesome. A/C worked great giving everything a chance to dry, unlike other tropical places we've been.
Beaches: Main beach not crowded, water activities always available. Fantastic views! Rasta beach quite and equally beautiful! We also spent a lot of time at Long Bay Beach, probably the best beach we've ever been too. Coral reefs on the right side are awesome! Just make right out of the main gate -- worth it!
Food: just right. Choices not as plentiful as other places we've been but food was very good. Typically waited for food at the grill but food quality and views make it worth every minute!
Excursions: We only did a couple, Sunday night at Shirley Heights and Rain Forest Ziplining - worth the effort/$. Ran to Devils Bridge national park just about every morning, don't forget to go down grass paths on right side for awesome views off the cliffs!
Antigua: Safe and Beautiful
Conclusion: we'll be back!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Otel, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip