We spent a fortnight here in mid June and eally enjoyed the relaxing time.
The hotel is spread out over a large area with large numbers of trees shubs and plants all around us, so there was a comfortable feeling of space and calm.
The main pool is not particularly large but more than adequate, we could always find sun beds.The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and for the most part well maintained. One item of equipment broke when we tried to use it and they replaced it with a brand new item without question.
All the staff went out of their way to be friendly courteous and helpful, even the behind the scenes staff.
The hotel cleaned the two beaches everyday even though they are public, as are all beaches on Antigua.
The food was good quality and freshly cooked. There are four restaurants, not all open at the same time. Nicole's. a fine dining experience so you had to pay a supplement, was well worth a visit.
The bar stocked a variety of brands, not just local and cheap stuff you get in so many all-inclusives.
The large distances and some slopes across the site, the hotel being built around the sides of a peninsular, were offset by golf carts running around all the time. Many rooms had steps but some didn't so anyone with a mobility issue would need to make it clear they needed a room with easy access.
The hotel was not large at 180 rooms, so on any one night the food choice in the main restaurant may not be as extensive as some of the much larger AI complexes we have stayed in the past but the selection changed each day so we were quite happy. The Buccaneer, an al la carte restaurant at no supplement, was a good choice for us and was very popular
The rooms were large, well equiped chalets in pairs, the one we had was a waterview room where we had a very good view of the bay, over the roof of the waterfront room one tier in front of us. So if you dont mind seeing a roof in front of you save the money by not booking one on the waterfront.The only bad point and probably true of many similar hotels, when it rained the tin roof really made a tremendous noise. The staff cleaned the rooms very well daily although sometimes quite late in the day.
The best beach for snorkelling was out of the hotel front gate and 300 yards down the road to the right where a small reef had a large variety and volume of fish, some not so small.
Evening entertainment was OK, but we are not massive fans of music and are not night owls so we are probably not best to judge.
We had one member of bar staff who was rude to us, a significant exception to the rule, but that was sorted out.
The hotel could do with a hot tub /whirlpool and the spa treatments seemed very expensive at about three times what we pay in the UK. Otherwise no real negative comments.
Overall a very good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philips