My family and I have just returned from the verandah after 10 nights there. My son(5) and daughter(1) had the most fantastic time. All the staff are absolutely fantastic with children and really make an effort with them. This was actually our second time at the verandah, the first being in 2011 and the staff still remembered our son from the first visit and greeted him with open arms. From the moment we arrived it was perfect. I have a medical condition which restricts my ability to walk long distances so contacted the hotel before arrival to ask for a room near to the facilities. They couldn't have been more helpful and we had the most perfect room for my situation. I was also worried about the food situation for my one year old an whether she
would be able to stay up late for dinner and be able to get food if not....they were so helpful and even spoke to the executive chef who said that he would cook her something if she was unable to make dinner.
The rooms are large and easily accommodated us including fitting in a cot. We had a room with an adjoining balcony to next door as our mum came too and this worked really well. The rooms were clean and well kept and the little kitchenette was very handy for heating baby milk and storing drinks in the fridge. The beds are quite firm but this suits me fine and you can get a mattress topper if you ask. I put the sign up each day for an early clean so that I could put my daughter down for a nap in the afternoon and it was always done by 12.00 which was perfect.
The beaches are beautiful and extremely good for young children. They are shallow and calm and the watersports are good and don't get in the way. There are plenty of buckets and spades for the kiddies. The pools are also great and never felt crowded.
The food was excellent. I can not stress this enough. The breakfasts have everything you could imagine and more, eggs cooked to order however you liked at the omelette station and lots of fresh fruit and pastry each day. We ate at the beach bar and grill most lunchtimes which was super...can get a little busy but it's the Caribbean, take your time be patient and stare at the lovely views whilst waiting for your food. The other restaurants are also super in food and service. We visited Nicole's which you pay a surcharge for once and it is defiantly worth it...the lobster was delicious and again the service was amazing. The executive chef took the time to speak to each table which was a nice touch.
OVERALL - I have read many of the good and bad reviews on trip advisor about this hotel....I cannot stress enough how fantastic this resort is. If you ask you get and I believe the service of all the people working at the resort is extremely high. They constantly are striving to improve by wandering round and asking if everything is ok and calling the room a couple of times to check to which I thought was great. Verandah we will be back!! And we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelUp, West Indies, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua/Saint Philip