$422
$394
  • Breakfast included
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
$148
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$150
$144
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
$168
$154
$160
$143
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)(Great Value!)
$1,080
$252
$162
Hotels.com
5,030 results
All reviewsstandard roomindian restaurantjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenseafoodann marieentertainment staffsupersaver roomswim up barsuper saver roomcoconut grillstar resortquiet poolthe main buffet restaurantthree stargo with an open mind
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Myself, my now husband and our family travelled to Antigua for our wedding. The hotel resort is quite old and when we arrived in our room we were a bit dissapointed as they were very old and tired. Saying this though we had the most amazing time, our wedding was an amazing day, it was so much more than we expected. Anyone thinking of getting married abroad or even wishing to renew their vows I would highly recommend The Jolly Beach Resort. If you do decide to go to my one bit of advise would be hire one of the villas, yes they are more expensive but friends of ours could only get a villa for our wedding as all the standard rooms were booked. My husband and I were so jealous as the villas were stunning! Antigua as a whole is a lovely place, we went into the centre a few times and we never felt unsafe and we never got hassled. We would go back again. Also if you are travelling with children it has a kids club that all the children seemed to love and also the beach was safe. I would recommend you try all the restaurants but our personal favourite was the Italian, by Lydias the fish restaurant came a very close second. All in all a fantastic holiday destination, a warm and friendly hotel (especially Elvis one of the wedding planners) and an amazing place to hold your wedding.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kandpOxford
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I just got back from Antigua. We were told that this hotel wasn't fancy but we didn't expect it to be that bad! It was built in 1979 and I don't think it's been renovated ever since. This is such a pity because all the people working at the hotel were just amazing and extremely helpful plus the beach is just beautiful.
Though we got supposedly a better room - a junior suite - it was a dump, all the facets and piping were really old, air conditioning was weak and didn't do it's job at all, moreover it was quite noisy. Besides there were lots of tree frogs making annoying sounds at night. I know this is not hotel's fault but they should try to do something about it. Frogs were hiding in little utility closets on each floor and started "singing" in the middle of the night.
The main restaurant was pretty basic, no air conditioning, lots of birds during breakfast and lunch, repetitive food and not a very big choice. They also had 3 a la cart restaurants: Italian, Indian and Seafood. They were pretty nice and food was good. Once again - all restaurants' staff was just great, very pleasant and helpful.
Beach was very clean and had lots of lounge chairs, there were few vendors selling necklaces and offering aloe vera passing by. They were not intrusive and wished us a good day even if we didn't buy anything from them. One lady who was selling t-shirts and jewelry came up to me one day and asked me if I could go and get her something to eat from the main buffet (I saw her trying that with some other people on the beach) but I simply said we are not supposed to do that, there was a big sign saying that near the pool.
There was a spa in the hotel which was quite expensive, but my husband and I booked massages twice with Bernice, a local lady who had a little massage booth on the beach, she was very nice, experienced and didn't cost as much, I highly recommend her.
We booked one excursion with our trip - Classic Safari, it was very nice, our guide Marcus was very well read, obviously enjoying what he's doing and attentive. He takes you around the island in a big air conditioned SUV and there were only 2 other couples besides us. We saw all the main attractions - Shirley's Heights, Nelson Dockyard, Betty's Hope Windmill and lots of other interesting spots.
Anyway, I wish Jolly Beach' management would seriously think about updating the hotel cause it could have a lot of potential. We loved Antigua and it's people and would definitely come back but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olga C
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Stayed for a week end of June through early July for a conference. Was somewhat impressed by hotel on arrival, but noted staff likes things done a certain way. So long as you remember to follow their rules (not too burdensome), you'll be rewarded and really enjoy your stay. The beach was FANTASTIC. I don't like rough surf, and this was ideal for swimming -- either totally calm or with a gentle wave. Beware of the shells and the drop off, though. Even timid swimmers should be OK. There is NO snorkeling at all....never saw a single fish (though several did jump nearby). Tried the kayak - free and fun. Food was OK, not gourmet but certainly a good variety and edible. Drinks free with all inclusive and generously poured...watch for Neil the bartender -- he's a doll, very fun to hang out with. Rooms are good sized, but electric outlets a variety (one EU, one UK, and one US) so bring an adapter if you need to plug in more than 1 thing at a time. Nice pools (but with the great beach, who cares??) I would definitely recommend for single travellers as the staff is very welcoming and warm to those on their own, but also perfect for anyone of any age. Lots to do, great rooms, perfect beach, what else could you ask for in the Caribbean? Just beware if you arrive on Sat afternoon -- you'll spend HOURS getting through customs, especially if you land after the Virgin flight. Also, spa is GREAT, but it's a bit of a hike away from the main hotel complex. I would've visited again during the week but too annoying to walk there. I'd give it a miss next time due to the walk (at the far edge of the hotel grounds...not very scenic or pleasant walk). Oh, and bring earplugs for the room -- walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank debKC
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I have been to many hotel in the world as part of my job, i.e Labriz in seychelles £700 a night etc. therefore i see hotels for their ratings.
this hotel is definately a 3 star, however people on here seemed to be moaning that the hotel is not 5 star standard (hence rating).
Firstly Flight was very good, Virgin are better than all the charter companies in terms of service, but scheduled always is, its what you pay for.
Rooms- we were upgraded to a junior suite with it being our wedding out there, we had a few couples with and and 1x 11yr old in party. All said rooms were basic but clean (expected of 3 star). My husbands sister was one of the unlucky ones who had to move in 2nd week due to air con probs, but took it in her stride and got free late checkout.
Food- not the best variety i have come across in a 3 star however the hotel was not very busy and for once i ate a proper meal and didnt gorge myself on different items.
breakfast and lunch had plenty of variety.
Itialian- fab -ate in there for our mini wedding reception lovely food. can even get house champers if you ask for it.
Indian- lovely, really enjoyed that too. aprox 6 items on menu however we love most foods. it was very well presented.
Lydias- we ate their for our romantic meal for 2. was amazing we had lobster for the 1st time and it was very nice.
Beach - well you pay for the location- again i have been all over the world and the caribbean islands have the best sea/beach. seychelles and hawaii are a little bit behind.
Beach sellers are always chatting to us but we got to know them and they were polite (apart from one aloe vera man who got little drunk one day)
We got them food and drink even though ya not meant to but we realise the importance of looking after them as they are poor and need to try sell what they can to survive.
Virgin excelence boat trip - good but our party got food poisioning (except me and couple others) they blamed colslaw but iate loads so who knows. thats life.
rep- good, if you read the brochure and ask questions you will know what facilites are provided i.e kids club. up to customer to read that when booking a holiday?!
As for the wedding- went brill, isha was gr8, i thought it would go wrong as she was so easy going but it was amazing, for what you get free its so good on a budget.
We had a steel band, and the photos done out there were really good. any questions just send me a message.
entertainment- good but only lasted an bout 45 mins however music played i.e steel band after.
Went sandals for the day on a free day pass- if you want 5* then head there- but you got to pay for it usually a grand or more per week.
not sure what else i missed out. but all in all a good holiday with family and friends. best place for people so friendly and proper christians.
p.s also used spa- gr8 really nice.
we ate out of the complex at jolly harbour also very good (itialian).
went to st johns bit rough looking but noone bothered us.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank laplandsnowflakes
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the JBR for two weeks from 5/6/09 until 19/6/09. After a long flight with Virgin from Gatwick we eventually arrived at the hotel. we were greeted with some fruit punch (As well as at the airport) upon check-in and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

After reading some reviews about the rooms we were a bit cautious. However, our room (King Standard) was perfectly adequate and had enough room to accomodate the two of us. The only real gripe we had with regards to rooms was the air conditioning. The whole of our block had to be moved as the unit on top of the block was broken. The staff handled us all very well and were pleasant to deal with at all times. However, once in our new room we had problems with our air conditioning again (Basically, it was old and didn't cope well with being on for long periods of time!). The staff offered us a free late check-out, and also a room upgrade. However, as it was towards the end of our stay at that point we decided not to bother.

The beach was beautiful and definately the best we've had the pleasure of using. There is free non-motorised water sports for all inclusive guests and the water sports team were all very nice and helpful (We became friends with Raymond, who was a nice guy). The only problem with the beach were the vendors working on it. Some were nice and left you alone if you said you wasn't interested whereas others pestered you a bit too much and became a little annoying - This didn't ruin our holiday in the slightest though and we still enjoyed every minute of our time on the beach! Beware of guys offering Aloe Vera for your sunburn, they can be quite forceful and ask you for money without you even accepting the aloe vera! (They just rub it on your sunburn then expect you to pay up!)

The resort itself is huge! There are loads of beautiful grounds and it's all very well kept. The restaurants were all very well run and the food was nice wherever we ate. However, there wasn't a huge amount of choice, but whatever we did eat was generally very nice! The staff in the restaurants were very polite and accomodating (Ice cold towels at lunch time - Great!)

The swimming pools we didn't use much but they were great and also well looked after! The bars were open from 10:30am-12:30am so getting a drink was never really an issue. However, the pool grill didn't open until 12:00pm (I think) and closed at 5:00pm - This was a bit annoying sometimes because when the restaurant was closed outside of these times there was nothing proper to eat!

The entertainment was also quite good (As you'd expect in most carribean places really) It consisted mostly of local bands, dancing etc. One thing that was very good was the Movie Night "Under the stars" this was great!!!

Overall our stay at the JBR was very enjoable and we were extremely sad to leave and come back to England :( I would definately recommend it and would like to go back one day!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple