Well my husband and I returned today from a two-week trip to this amazing place - i can tell you the holiday depression is bad! I have never been anywhere so beautiul with those vibrant blue waters and white sands, and comfortable hotel. The staff are fun and friendly and the food was of good quality and delicious.
We were over there to get married and I would not have had my day any other way, Beverley the wedding coordinator and her fantastic team (Isha and Elvis) went out of their way for us, making us feel at ease and offering us everything we could have asked for. The wedding venues were all beautiful and there is a fabulous choice of places to enjoy how you celebrate. We are awaiting our official photos and can't wait!
The only minus was the entertainment - fortunately for us they just happened to be hosting a disco for the guests the evening we got married. Also good fun was karoke night, and the dance troupe of young girls were excellent. They do a movie night by the pool which we enyoyed....but a few of the other nights were a bit hard on the ears!
Our room was amazing - we got upgraded as soon as we got there to a two - roomed apartment with two balconys, very clean, the house keepers keep a good ship. We made a lot of friends and everyone is so relaxed and laid back. And the location is perfect. Jolly Harbour is a 2 minute walk and there are taxis on hand all the time and a bus stop just outside - which I highly reccomend! Definately go to Shirley Heights and a boat cruise around the island...it is beautiful. We are saving to go back for our anniversary next year, i feel attached to OUR wedding gazebo! its awful saying goodbye to it!
The pools were beautiful and well managed and the cheeriest bar staff, big selection of drinks and I'm a big drinker!!
I dont know who gives this place such bad reviews but it really disheartened us - turns out we should've just ignored the bad comments because its all a load of rubbish.
Oh i highly reccomend to eat in Lydia's restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among 40 acres of tropical paradise, Starfish Jolly Beach Resort is Antigua’s largest all-inclusive resort, featuring 464 rooms with private balconies or terraces surrounded by the stunning white sand and turquoise waters of Jolly Harbour, and lush tropical gardens. Enjoy the warm sun and the Caribbean Sea breeze, sail along the stunning waters, or explore the nearby golf courses and marina for an unforgettable stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starfish Jolly Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Starfish Jolly Beach Resort Antigua/Bolans