I also agree with Sophie H from a previous post. Are the Americans sold something different to us Brits because they seem disappointed at the hotel and the Brits knew what to expect and get on and enjoy the hotel.
Stayed for 2 weeks early July for our anniversary. It was quiet but this was a bonus as we mixed with a great bunch of people, Carrie & Chris, Sharon & Andy, Maurice & Julia, Julian.Loved nearly everything-people, hotel and staff ,grounds, location and great island. JBR upgraded us to a standard room (thank you) and we had 3009 in the Grenada block although our neighbour from a previous post gives the impression it was better then that. The room served its purpose and I couldn't believe the amount of hot water that was always available. The only thing missing was something to make a hot drink so I was glad we took our travel kettle. Although this block was at the end it was nearest to Lydia's (best restaurant) and the beach bbq.
The beach was absolutely stunning and when we left there was a small section cordoned off as a turtle had laid some eggs. We walked right down to the end in front of the harbour and you see how the other half live. No problem with the sellers on the beach, in fact we booked all our trips with Lynden, he always wears a yellow cap. The pools were good as well and people have complained about the gulls but if you feed them you must expect a frenzy.
The food was excellent and I couldn't believe I was eating soup at lunchtimes (so tasty and refreshing in the heat). The staff in all restaurants were good and nothing was too much trouble.
The trips we did were Shirley Heights Stingrays combined with Jeep off roading, catamaran around the island. Don't book Shirley Heights with the hotel as they leave early and you don't see the main band. Both weeks had different bands.
The evening entertainment was ok but I am sure it would have felt better if there were more guests there. Also if you go for 2 weeks the entertainment is the same as the first week.
All in all an excellent holiday and anniversary with great new friends ( we are all still talking about the holiday through Facebook) and would definitely go back.
The only negative was we had a couple of negative issues that I emailed the hotel through their website and we have been back over a week now and still not had a response from the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans