$422
$409
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
$148
$311
$302
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
$177
$156
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
$176
$155
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Antigua Village(St. John's)
  • Breakfast included
5,036 results
All reviewsstandard roomindian restaurantjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenseafoodann marieentertainment staffsupersaver roomswim up barsuper saver roomcoconut grillstar resortquiet poolthe main buffet restaurantthree stargo with an open mind
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The best holiday we have ever been on. After returning from Jolly Beach in May I can honestly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a stress free, laid back, sunshine break. My Dad had previously stayed at the resort and initially recommended the hotel to us so we booked up and started the countdown to the sunshine. The holiday itself was stress free and a large part of this was due to the amazing hotel staff, the likes of Elroy and Rowan were constantly on hand to make sure we were having the best time, offering a friendly approach and providing lots of local knowledge and recommendations, the staff really contributed to making our hotel one of the best yet. We loved the holiday so much that during our stay, after being bombarded with many photographs of the white sandy beach my parents booked a stay themselves and will be venturing to Jolly Beach next week (still hoping they will find room in their suitcase for me)! After two weeks of glorious sunshine we still found it hard to leave Jolly Beach and there is no doubt that we will return there again one day, the holiday was the most memorable yet, everyone was very friendly and we walked away having had one of the best couple of weeks ever and many friends richer! Thank you Jolly Beach Resort.

Recommended trips: D-Boat and Shirley Heights

S Jordan

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sophie J
JollyManager, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

The best holiday you have ever been on - wow!

We love that you had such a stress free break with us and that the staff played such a big role in making your trip one of your best yet. That’s such a compliment to us, and we truly hope all guests leave feeling as you did.

We look forward to welcoming your parents soon - thank you for your part in encouraging them to come for a return visit :)

Whether they manage to find room for you in their suitcases or not, we also hope you are able to return again - sooner than later.

All the best!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I just returned from the Jolly Beach Resort on June 8th and would like to share our experiences.
To start with we listed a property before we went away and wound up receiving an offer our first night. With offers and counteroffers going back and forth it got a bit stressful. Without the help of Dayjah (sp.?) who took time out from training another staff member to print out documents scan and email them for us ...she even acted as a witness for us. She went above and beyond. Another day we got help from a young lady on the concierge desk, didn't get her name,but she called us the "old people that knew a lot about computers" You know who you are..haha,Thank you so much!
Then there's Ian the manager. My impression of Ian is that he is genuinely dedicated to pleasing his clients and he obviously leads by example as we experienced the same from the majority of his staff. Ian also has a good heart, on our second day my wife brought her concerns to him about a kitten in distress. He arranged for a live trap to catch the kiten as well as having it brought to the SPCA.He also updated her throughout the week. I know there is a huge debated on this forum about ferral cats that I don't want to get into. Suffice to say that Ian's actions made my wife rest easy the remainder of our stay.
Rooms- Pretty much what everyone else has said we had no complaints.
Food- We enjoyed just about every thing.I really enjoyed the seafood resturant, was looking for "more spicy" at the Indian resturant and probably could have ordered somthing different at the Italian resturant (the kittens liked my grouper though). About the fourth day in I did recognize the breakfast repitition but I switched from omelets to poached eggs and all was good again.
Service- this is where the resorts excelled for us.At the a la carte's and the Thur. night barbecue the service was incredable. We have been to 5 star resorts in the Mayan Riviera that could learn from Ian's staff.
Vendors- we did see some aggessive behaviour from some vendors ie Nathan selling conch shells and the tour guide reffered to earlier(we were in the next palapa and were sorry he put you through that). We however didn't experience it. We informed them early that we were not interested in trips and that was it. Some stopped by through the week and asked if we were "good" and we'd let them know how many planes were coming in that day. I would like to offer a few names I would buy from if we were buying. Ricky Ricardo showed up later in the week and had more charisma and salesmanship in his little finger than the others who would yell JET SKI from 3 meters away. Acare, his business card lists cook and personal chef among other talents. He was just selling trips to make ends meet. Bubbleiscous, she had style and walked back and forth in the heat carrying her wares all day. All nice people!
Rum Tip- I researched English Harbor 5 (1 of the worlds top ten rums according to Forbes). Bought a few at the Epiceurian for $39.25ECD at 2.63 exchange thats $14.92 USD. They sold at the duty free in St Johns and the airport for $15USD. Bubble wrapped, bagged and in the checked baggage. If you are looking for this in Canada I found it in 3 private stores in AB and BC for around $35CAD
In conclusion go to the JBRS for the amazing staff and service you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Rick D

Dear Rick,

I can only imagine how stressful it would be to go through the process of selling your house while you were away on vacation, but I’m thrilled to hear that you felt our staff went above and beyond in helping you with this process…and I hope you found the relaxing environment at Jolly Beach helpful in alleviating part of your stress, too :)

It makes me really happy to hear that you felt we excelled in our level of service, and I also love to hear that you enjoyed the food and the Thursday night beach BBQ - that’s a particular favourite for many guests.

Hopefully everything worked out with the selling of your house, and we hope to see you and your wife return to JBR someday soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We got married in May 2014 at Jolly Beach Resort and we don't have words to express how amazing it was.....
The location is perfect, wonderful beach and very good food, especially from The Lydia's restaurant and The Italian's restaurant.
The accommodation is simple, however extremely clean and fantastic views.
I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff, they couldn't have done enough for us, they made us feel very special. Amazing people with beautiful hearts!!!!!
Special thank you to Beverly (wedding coordinator), Maria, Claudette, Sandra and all the housekeepers!
We are coming back for our one year anniversary!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aracele

Dear Aracele,

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

I’m thrilled to hear that you felt your wedding and honeymoon at Jolly Beach were amazing and that the staff helped you feel special during this wonderful time in your life.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary :)

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I were at the Jolly Beach April 9th 2014. This was our 17th allinclusive trip.We have never stayed at the same resort twice. That being said we are going back to the Jolly Beach next year.
Ian the manager was great and could not do any more for you if he tried. Alex the food manager did a great job with the food.Charlie was one of the bartenders but all bartenders were great. I just can not remember there names.
If you complain about this resort you must be a hard person to please. It is not a five star resort but the people that work there make it the best trip of your life. Ian and Alex thank you again for making our holiday the best time we have had in a long time.Chuck and Janice Green from Canada

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank charles g
JollyManager, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Chuck and Janice,

We’re speechless! Considering the fact that you’ve been on 17 all inclusive trips and never stayed at the same resort twice, it means the world to us that you plan to return to Jolly Beach next year!

I’m delighted that you had such a great experience with our staff, and that Ian and Alex in particular helped you have the best holiday you’ve had in a long time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back when you return!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

DO NOT believe what you see on the website. COMPLETELY MISLEADING. Anyone who says this place is great, has never seen "great".

Was so bad, we transferred resorts! Long story short, everyone here was miserable and the resort as a whole was even more miserable. The manager on duty was a great guy, and I feel bad for him as he probably deals with this stuff non-stop.

ROOMS
Clean but VERY outdated and falling apart.

FOOD
So bad.....buffet is old food that sits there for hours. Even the nice restaurants are what we got at a college cafeteria in the States.

SERVICE
Non existent. Employees are miserable and do not care!

AMENITIES
Also non existent. Each night there was a small group at the karaoke bar. So boring.

I should have known from the start it was going to be terrible, as there were barely any other people staying there. Maybe 70 people on the whole resort....
They kept telling me the resort was "booked" and I could not upgrade to a "suite". Now I would have hated to see the "suites".

Overall, this resort needs to be shut down, demolished, and rebuilt. It is in total disrepair.
To avoid any issues, don't bother with this resort and pay the extra to go to Sandals Grand Antigua. You will enjoy that resort for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank BMunZ

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.

We appreciate that everyone is different and that a 3 star resort isn’t to everyone’s tastes. With that being said, Jolly Beach Resort is a perfect option for those who want to experience Antigua and enjoy a vacation on the island’s best beach at a budget-friendly price.

Our staff are usually a highlight for most guests and have been praised time and again for their friendliness, professionalism, and helpfulness. Of course, anything good can be made better, but I do regret that you didn’t leave us feeling the same way so many of our other guests do - like family.

I was also surprised that you felt the amenities were “non-existent,” as we do our very best to offer a wide range of options. In addition to our 5 restaurants and 2 pools, for example, we also have daily activities on the beach, kids’ and teens’ clubs, and nightly entertainment ranging from karaoke, as you mentioned, to dancers, fire breathers, and live music and cultural performances. And there’s always our 5 star beach, of course, as well as a fantastic beach BBQ every Thursday that many of our guests enjoy attending.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It's clear we weren’t a good fit for you, but I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Antigua and wish you all the best in your future travels.