We stayed at the jolly beach resort between feb 24 and march 10 2014 and having read the reviews we sort of knew what we were getting but could not be absolutely sure.
After staying there for 2 weeks i would agree with most reviews in that the location next to the sea and the grounds you cannot fault and also in that catergory i would say the staff aswell as they were always polite to us and served us with a smile.The negative side is the buildings and rooms are showing their age and could do with a revamp and we liked to use the gym in the mornings and again its all there but the cardio equipment needs replacing or at least repairing as it is not acceptable just to put a sign on it saying "out of order" and it stayed like that for 2 weeks.
The main swimming pool also needs some attention as every patio slab has moved since it was originally laid and looks shabby but the pool itself is clean.
Overall the food was good and there are a few choices and our favourite was lydias the seafood grill which i think had the best view lookindg out at sea,
There is a restaurant with an indian influence(lightly spiced) which is also good and a self service buffett restaurant which is not always as hot as you would like but makes up for it in choice.
The italian is a strange one as i know what it is trying to do but in my view does not seem to pull it off and is the only one that requires you to dress up which is not a problem as standards have to be maintained (collars and trousers for men) but the food is good.
We were there when the england cricket supporters were there which made for a good atmosphere round the bar at night and even with this influx of people the service was still very good and the longest we had to wait to be seated was only 5 mins.
You have to remember this is a 3 star hotel and for the money they charge i think it is very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, West Indies, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans