Starfish Jolly Beach Resort
$331
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$144
Travelocity
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
$175
$153
Priceline
$194
$151
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
$605
Bookit.com
$248
$188
Hotels.com
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
$1,200
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
4,827 results
All reviewsstandard roomindian restaurantjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenann marieseafoodentertainment staffsupersaver roomsuper saver roomcoconut grillswim up barquiet poolstar resortthe main buffet restaurantconcierge deskthree star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel was absolutely horrific! What a nightmare! As soon as I arrived at the "resort" I observed that it was extremely run-down. Other reviews noted that it need a coat of paint, and that is far too kind of a way to describe this place's condition. 90% of the staff was extremely, EXTREMELY rude and I felt as though I had to suck up to them just to get a minimal amount of service. It seemed as though the guests inconvenienced them, and the staff had to problem walking around shouting to each other about the problems they were having. The hotel says that it is all inclusive, but fails to advertise that it costs $1 to make an outgoing local phone call, $10 a day for WIFI (although WIFI is available in the lobby, it had poor connection and I was unable to connect). Furthermore, the only place available for breakfast and lunch was the Hemisphere buffet, which supplied "food" that I would not feed to a stray dog -- it was completely inedible. Even the fruit had been left out for what seemed hours. The other "restaurants" were only accessible for dinner, and required a reservation and least a day in advance. We at at the seafood restaurant, and were told we could not eat until 8PM, so we were surprised to find many available seats when we got there. Even at this establishment, all of the food was visible in warming bins -- nothing fresh. Even at the afternoon snack shop, you were ignored until you demanded an order placed, and even then I'm not sure the hamburger was even real meat. The alcohol available at the resort was no-name brand, that made me sick. They only had one red and one white wine available, and they were extremely cheap.
Moving on from the "food", the housekeeping was visible all day long, but not cleaning. They were blocking the hallways, ignoring guests who might have wanted to get through, as they were busy talking or flirting with other employees. Our room was not cleaned, the 2 unfortunate nights that we stayed there. Fresh towels were not supplied, the sheets were just pulled over the bed, and not even tucked in. There was so little water pressure in the shower, I could not wash my hair. The lights flickered in the bathroom, which had bugs, as did the desk in the room. I felt itchy sleeping in the bed. The walls and floors were dirty, and the atmosphere was much more stressful than relaxing.
Surprisingly the beach is one of the "best" according to locals. It is filled with cigarette butts, and it eroding terribly. You would not even be able to get down to the water if you had difficulty with steps. The water itself was ok, although not clear. And the beach was far from relaxing with the music blasting from the bar, and the random dilapidated structures found along sand, the cheap lounge chairs, and the local business-people hustling. The hotel also fails to tell you that none of the beaches in the country are private.
When we wanted to book a taxi to the capital, the woman at the excursion desk (as soon as she was done with her personal phone call), told us it would be $4 to her and $20 to the taxi. We later learned that the hotel had nothing to do with booking taxis, and that that woman had hustled us. We wanted to go to the capital to see the resort was an adequate depiction of the country and its people. We are so glad we did, because the people and country are lovely, and it would have been a shame to base our judgments on our experiences at the resort.
We found another place to stay, Sugar Ridge Hotel, which was more than accommodating and very relaxing. Just to check out of Jolly Beach Resort, though, took 30 minutes of waiting, and arguing to get documentation that we were leaving. Overall Jolly Beach Resort was like staying in a ghetto.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
JollyManager, General Manager at Starfish Jolly Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Stacey,

As a 3 star resort, Jolly Beach doesn’t necessarily suit everyone’s tastes. We are a great choice if you’re looking for great value and an affordable all- inclusive experience on a beautiful white sand and turquoise beach.

On that note, the most consistent feedback we hear from guests is about how much they love the beach. Indeed, it is the island’s best, so it was with great surprise that I read your comments about our beach.

We are committed to delivering top quality customer service experiences and a wide range of options to please our guests, so I appreciate your feedback, which can only help us improve.

I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just came back last night from a wonderful week of rest and relaxation. Having read the reviews beforehand, I was a bit leery but hopeful that this resort would meet our fairly simple needs for a beach break: clean rooms, good beach, decent food. I'm so happy we took the gamble and booked; We got all that and more! And by more I mean we got EXCELLENT SERVICE! Seriously, I have never been to a hotel or resort where the staff has been so friendly and responsive to our needs. The food was way better than expected. The room was clean. There were a few minor issues as to be expected from a 3 1/2 star resort, but they were well offset by the fact that the service was so excellent and the food was better than we've had at many 5 star resorts elsewhere and the beach was just splendid. We will be back for sure and I have no hesitation recommending this place to friends and family. (If management happens to read this, thank-you to all your staff for giving us such a wonderful vacation. The customer service we received made this vacation absolutely delightful. And I have to specifically mention Joanne (omelette/egg station) as she was consistently gracious and cheerful every single morning, no matter how long the line-up. Her efficiency and kind interest in guests really stood out as exceptional!)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank bellainontario
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent the day at Jolly Beach for $75 all inclusive. buffet Breakfast was good and lunch was even better. It is definitely no frills, low key- which is ok. the grounds are very nice. a little old, but well maintained. the pool is beautiful- really large and easy to enjoy without being on top of anyone. the beach was awesome !! Lots of room, water was absolutely beautiful. The Grille on the beach with burgers was nice and very convenient. My biggest complaint- no premium alcohol. I;m not super fussy on this -but it was very low quality. The beer was local on tap and i think the draft lines could probably use a good cleaning. It was a great day and deal for $75. However, if you like a good drink, you might want to reconsider staying a week here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank CJDBoston
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Antigua is a class above the usual getaway spots in the south.Look around and you wont have to spend alot.(some places are 5k a week) Jolly Beach is an older 3 star but it has everything we wanted.If there was an issue the staff fixed it. The people working at this resort make it a great choice.And of course there is the beach. Its like a post card.Even the coconut salesman are easy going. Nice pools , lots to eat, drink and relax.You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same.Louder near the centre.(bars and entertainment)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank charles c
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just back (1st feb14) from resort. Rooms tired need updating so
upgraded room as soon as we arrived to a more acceptable size and state (at additional cost) food and service excellent, staff very friendly, beach and sea perfect, rained lots but soon dried out. Busy large resort so dining was hustle and bustle but no problem.

• Stayed: January 2014