We had a weeks stay at the Jolly Beach resort and although not expecting fantastic things, knowing that its a basic 3 star resort, we were still very disappointed at how the most basic things weren't even satisfactory. Like all the reviews say, the beach is amazing and that really was about it. The restaurant food really wasn't good at all and there was a lot of items which were either not available or you had to pay extra for! I mean what's that about. Its all inclusive and really don't expect that. Also on two of the nights not all the restaurants were open which was very disappointing as it made the food option very limited.
The rooms are small but and clean which is fine but the AC was a constant problem and the showers provided little to no hot water consistently for our entire stay.
The staff in whole were friendly and as accommodating as they could be.
The evening entertainment was....well, was there any evening entertainment??! Cause if you blink you'll miss it. There was a bonfire night one evening which was okay but it was hardly entertainment. Other than that there was just music one evening and then that was it.
Overall we were disappointed with the holiday but tried to make the best of it however I cant say I would recommend this hotel. Before we went on holiday we checked all the reviews and took the good with the bad knowing that everyone's opinions and expectations are different but something has clearly changed in the last few months cause all the other recent reviews seem to echo a lot of points I have mentioned. I can imagine in its location it was once a really good resort but I think it may have had its day. Do read all reviews before you go so you know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans