If crackled but patched walkways along neatly landscaped grounds, no waiter service on the gorgeous sparsely populated beach, If local bands and dance performances are not enough entertainment for you, and limited choices on the short well-rounded menus are a turnoff to you please do not book this wonderful tropical hideaway and then come back and complain. Set your priorities first.
We stayed 8 days April 2013 in a superior King room. We chose to upgrade from standard for the larger bathroom when booking. If you need a tub or elbow room I suggest you do the same. After an email exchange with Onica, the Guest Services Representative, to discuss our needs we agreed that a room at the quiet end of the resort would work best for us. We enjoyed the 3 minute walk from our second floor room in the building named Jamaica to the public areas of the resort.
As far as service goes we had a few favorites Alvin always greeted my friend with a big “hello birthday boy” Sandra was a delight at breakfast. At no time during our stay were we treated with anything other than respect and a smile.
To address some previous complaints; we did not see a shortage of dishes, flatware, drink mixers, fresh fruits, breakfast choices or towels as reported by others.
There is a limited number of beach loungers many are discolored and some are broken and should be repaired or replaced, also a limited number of palapas but we never had a problem finding one for our use no matter the time of day. Natural shade on the beach is so plentiful no one need be laying in the full sun unless by choice. Always loungers available by the pools.
I have visited the Caribbean so often I needed to add pages to my passport. I guess that qualifies me as experienced. Would I recommend Jolly Beach to others? A definite yes is so long as they weren’t looking for a regal, luxurious pampering vacation. It is what it is a 3 star resort on a 5 star beach. Would I return? Yes if a return trip to Antigua is in my future you bet I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set among 40 acres of tropical paradise, Starfish Jolly Beach Resort is Antigua’s largest all-inclusive resort, featuring 464 rooms with private balconies or terraces surrounded by the stunning white sand and turquoise waters of Jolly Harbour, and lush tropical gardens. Enjoy the warm sun and the Caribbean Sea breeze, sail along the stunning waters, or explore the nearby golf courses and marina for an unforgettable stay in paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starfish Jolly Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Starfish Jolly Beach Resort Antigua/Bolans