“cannot believe this is only a 3 star hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

Jolly Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“cannot believe this is only a 3 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

for our first trip to the caribbean we decided to come to Antigua and stop at the jolly beach. It was the cheapest hotel and we were on a budget so this hotel suited us just fine. Can I just say this hotel in my opinion is deffo at least a 4 star. Everything about this hotel was super! The food, the beach, the pools all stunning. Every night there was something different to eat. The staff were so kind. About a year later I went to ST Lucia and stayed in a 4 star hotel paid a bit more and Jolly Beach was far better! The only thing I would say is I went for the standard room and it was very basic so mabey a room upgrade would be something to think about.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank fiona l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,010)
trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

was at jolly beach as a couple my husband and i ,book the junior suite which was very welcoming with two balconies over looking the beach i had no problem whatsoever with our accomodations every thing was perfect ,even the staff went out of thier way to make sure you are okay ,the food was okay with some recyling of same things in between but you can always go at the beach bar and partake in snacks ,chicken fries ;hot dogs and burgers .i also attended the welcoming that was hosted by the manager whom was very well spoken and polite. we stayed aweek there as it was carnival season,its a terrific place to spend a holiday thanks to all for a wonderful time well spent.

Room Tip: i took the junior suite overlooking the beach and was the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank empress152
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The previous reviews all say the truth we returned to day we have had the best time everything u need for a great holiday is here ALL staff are so friendly and so helpful we went on the local bus to st John I also went to local church service last Sunday on my own the local people welcomed me and made us feel safe at all times. A kettle in the room would have been a bonus, the beauty of the island seen from a boat trip is amazing u will not b disappointed book today !

Room Tip: Rooms are small but very clean yes there's wild life noise at night all rooms are in short dista...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Karen R
Warren, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our room was in the Grenada section. Everything was beautiful. All the food at all of the restuarants was excellent. The beach was beyond beautiful. The pools were well maintained. This was the perfect vacation spot. Not too commercialized which was what we were looking for. The staff (all of the staff) went way far and above to make our stay more comfortable.
Will we book here again? Absolutely!!!! We would like to come every year.

Room Tip: Since this was my first trip I can't really say. Our room was perfect. Just downstairs and aro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bonnie A
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I bought my package through Air Canada, which was giving Jolly Beach resort a 3 and a 1/2 stars Since my budget was restricted, I went for it with low expectations. When I arrived on the beach on a sunday evening, I was blown away by all the beauty!

I'm usually all about food and I was stoked about the selection and quality. One wednesday evening was a Caribbean-themed night, with fried (whole) red snappers, conch soup and banana cream pie. Pastries are baked fresh daily, on-site and the selection rotates 3 times a day. There are a la carte restaurants, and the seafood restaurant won my heart; I had the best crab cakes and breaded Mahi-mahi of my life! The grill bar, near the biggest pool is open for free snacks all day and the jerk chicken is amazing.

I noticed hotel guests didn't tip their waiters at breakfast, lunch or dinner and this is frankly unacceptable...presenting your waiter with a 10-15 AC ($5-$7 US) is a just matter of courtesy.

The rooms are simple and uniquely caribbean in style..housekeeping is impeccable and the rooms are sprayed to combat mosquitos and other island inhabitants ;)..I don't freak out over 1 dead insect, we were on a tropical island after all!

Night-time the whole resort comes alive, the dj's have good taste and there is a great live band n saturday nights. The drinks are abundant and very good and here again, it would only be civilised to leave a tip for your bartender at the end of the night.

Personally, I'd advise people to take the bus which is $1, through Bolans and further out to other beaches and villages..otherwise you's miss out on all the awesome road-side food stalls and sno-cones off the street vendors. Antiguans are LOVELY people and the island is very clean. Having visited Jamaica, Trinidad, Guadeloupe and Dominica in the past; I can say this is my number 1 island sofar and I'm going back soon!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
12 Thank Yamileh R
Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The place is a little aged, but great value. The staff, management was remarkable. The food from the restaurants was very good. The beaches are literally a "little piece of heaven." I highly recommend this resort. If you are looking for a plush resort, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a beautiful beach, outstanding service, clean room, profession and very friendly staff, not counting the fact, it was a great value, then you need to come stay at Jolly Beach Resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
15 Thank Paige R
northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

After all the negative reports on here I was very dubious about my choice of hotel. All I can say is we must have been at a different hotel.
Yes the hotel is tired but it is lovely.
We had a superior room in the Hispaniola block. Room 120. Very clean, fridge worked, air conditioning worked fine. Towels changed daily and were White and fluffy, not grey and full of hole as some have reported. Lovely view of the beach.
Food was good. Plenty of choice. Used the Italian restaurant a lot, not keen on Indian, lydias seafood restaurant was great too.
The beach is beautiful. Up at 6.30, cup of coffee and a long walk on the beach. Not another sole in site. Paradise.
Now, the staff. They are so helpful and friendly. A lot of comments on here say they are unhelpful and not friendly at all,. Rubbish... If you can be bothered to take the time to speak to them and take an interest then you get a good response and as for being ignored by them if you don't tip is also rubbish. We have made some lovely friends and will be keeping in touch.
Ok, you have to pay for a safe $3 a day but to keep your valuables safe then what's the problem?
Ten dollars deposit for beach towels but you get that back when you take your towels back and beach towels clean and fluffy too.
Marlene, the Virgin Rep was very friendly and helpful. Always a big happy smile and arranged outings with no hassle.
We will definatley be going back to this beautiful country and to Jolly Beach.

• Stayed September 2012
13 Thank kiwilassNorthampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
Blue Waters Antigua
Pineapple Beach Club Antigua
Sugar Ridge
Sugar Ridge
#2 of 2 in Jolly Harbour

Been to Jolly Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!