I bought my package through Air Canada, which was giving Jolly Beach resort a 3 and a 1/2 stars Since my budget was restricted, I went for it with low expectations. When I arrived on the beach on a sunday evening, I was blown away by all the beauty!
I'm usually all about food and I was stoked about the selection and quality. One wednesday evening was a Caribbean-themed night, with fried (whole) red snappers, conch soup and banana cream pie. Pastries are baked fresh daily, on-site and the selection rotates 3 times a day. There are a la carte restaurants, and the seafood restaurant won my heart; I had the best crab cakes and breaded Mahi-mahi of my life! The grill bar, near the biggest pool is open for free snacks all day and the jerk chicken is amazing.
I noticed hotel guests didn't tip their waiters at breakfast, lunch or dinner and this is frankly unacceptable...presenting your waiter with a 10-15 AC ($5-$7 US) is a just matter of courtesy.
The rooms are simple and uniquely caribbean in style..housekeeping is impeccable and the rooms are sprayed to combat mosquitos and other island inhabitants ;)..I don't freak out over 1 dead insect, we were on a tropical island after all!
Night-time the whole resort comes alive, the dj's have good taste and there is a great live band n saturday nights. The drinks are abundant and very good and here again, it would only be civilised to leave a tip for your bartender at the end of the night.
Personally, I'd advise people to take the bus which is $1, through Bolans and further out to other beaches and villages..otherwise you's miss out on all the awesome road-side food stalls and sno-cones off the street vendors. Antiguans are LOVELY people and the island is very clean. Having visited Jamaica, Trinidad, Guadeloupe and Dominica in the past; I can say this is my number 1 island sofar and I'm going back soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, West Indies, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans