$394
  • Breakfast included
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
$165
$148
$350
$302
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
$177
$156
Antigua Village(St. John's)
$150
$144
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
$220
$154
$180
$145
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)(Great Value!)
$1,080
$508
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
5,025 results
All reviewsstandard roomindian restaurantjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenseafoodann marieentertainment staffsupersaver roomswim up barsuper saver roomcoconut grillstar resortquiet poolthe main buffet restaurantthree stargo with an open mind
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Let me start by saying that my wife and I stayed at this resort in 1997 when we first started dating. We had a great time then and I am glad to say we had a fantastic stay again this year. Friends of ours wanted to go away together to celebrate both couples 10th wedding anniversaries and when Jolly Beach became available, we all jumped at the chance to visit Antigua. I love the new pool (since our previous trip) and snack bar. The jerk chicken was fantastic and Cleopatra was a pleasure to have cook for us. Neil, Alwin, Dwayne and Real made our bar experience a blast! This is one of the best beaches and hotels to stay at if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation. The beach is the best in Antigua, both in view and swimming enjoyment. Not a rough wave during our trip. Fantastic, friendly staff abound the resort and a special thank you to Ralph and the management staff for the champagne waiting for us all in our rooms when we arrived. We will make sure it is not another fifteen years before visiting again. Thanks to all for a wonderful trip!

4  Thank tomco99
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This review is a little late...we stayed at JBR the last week of May. There were not many people on the resort since we came right after “peak” season and between the main summer season. It was fantastic. No wait for chairs, restaurants, drinks at the bar, etc yet enough people at the resort to make new friends and have fun in the evenings! So I can’t comment on how it is during peak season.

Check in was easy. Got rum punch on arrival and I emailed the resort a few days earlier and requested a bottle of champagne for our 5 year anniversary- which was waiting for us in a ice bucket full of flowers in our room! I was impressed that when we checked in, the woman checking us in even said “happy anniversary”!! They really pay attention to detail.

Our room was on the 4th floor in Barbuda (I forgot the room number!) but it was a standard King with the most spectacular view of the ocean, mountains, pool and grounds!! When we saw that view for the first time, we were in awe and knew it was going to be a great trip! Yes, rooms were basic but it had that tropical resort type feel and I thought it was very cute with a nice bathroom. Fresh little flowers were accented around the room daily. Clean and comfortable. The resort sprayed this huge cloud of smoke nightly to get rid of bugs too. The TV also had great station options.

Beach and ocean were the most beautiful I have ever seen! Pool was beautiful and I liked how it was right on the beach. There were a few times I wished they had a hot tub- but not a huge deal. Pool bar was great and they made some great drinks, but since there weren’t many people there they didn’t open the swim up side of the bar. Oh well, it was still easy to get drinks! I'm glad I read the reviews who suggested bringing your own insulated cups. We bought some last minute and were glad we did...so i would suggest the same to others.

Food was delicious all around! We loved all the restaurants and they all had great service. You’d take 2 sips of wine and they’d be around topping you off again. Beachside grill was great with many options and the buffet was satisfying every day - great lunch there too. GREAT breakfast- not sure why people made it sound like there weren’t many options. Yes it was pretty much the same daily, but there were so many options daily that you can have a different thing every day! I enjoyed getting the made to order omelets. The restaurants had the same amount of options as any average restaurant. The portions were on the smaller side, but since you are at an all inclusive, we always got appetizers, entrees and desserts and left stuffed. Why not go all out? I did not have one bad meal! Everything was flavorful and cooked well. The afternoon “tea” was great. As we’d make our way back to our room from the beach we’d stop by to get a coffee pick-me-up and a snack.

Vendors were very forward (not an issue of JBR) but if you keep saying no right away they stop bothering you eventually. Make sure to book all excursions through JBR, NOT vendors. That was a bit of an annoyance.

Overall, I gave this a 5 star because it was everything we hoped it would be and more for a 3 star resort! We’d go back for another amazing week on a gorgeous beach and resort! Great job to all of the staffers from the front desk, restaurant servers and bartenders- all friendly with great service.

Room Tip: Request 4th floor in Barbuda!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura L
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was our third visit to the JBR. Our first visit was 5 years ago, and we revisited last year (and reviewed), we do have a sentimental attachment to the JBR, and decided that we could do a lot worse than visit again this year, given the problems in the eurozone. The holiday got off to a really good start, we were welcomed with rum punch and hugs by staff who immediatly recognised us and were clearly extremely happy that we had returned. We then had a quick check-in and were given an up-grade on accomodation and were welcomed to our room with some flowers and rum - much appreciated.

Staff here are extremely good at remembering folks who have been before and we were thoroughly welcomed in all the restaurants, we had great service from everyone, but I wanted to point out the service from Jeanette, Tamara and a few of the Hemispheres staff (still a bit too jet-lagged to remember them all, including Sharon and Shanteica)

Rooms are clean, no bugs whatsoever, with copious amounts of towels (the maid checked ours daily and often replaced one or two others as well as the ones we had asked to be changed). The bedlinen is changed almost daily. Every day the maid managed to remove every speck of sand we had trekked in - a very painstaking task. The rooms remind me of holidays in Greece, Remember you aren't going to be in your room for very long when you have the beautiful Antiguan sun, and a fantastic beach on a beautiful island to explore.

Food was extremely good - no upset tummies,and I am a bit of a foody. it would have been nice if Lydia's seafood restaurant had been able to show off a bit more of the fantastic Antiguan sea-food, but fortunately we discovered more of this on trips out and about. Bocciolo's is fantastic, and Utsav's offers good mild Indian food (remember they are catering for a wide market)

The holiday did get a bit bogged down with the car wheel incident which my partner has already mentioned in his review. We lost an entire day of our holiday, and were really rattled by this event - I certainly didn't sleep well for a few days afterwards. Ironically, we had been at the general manager Vernon Jeffers' cocktail party for the second time the night before and had been raving about security to him and the duty manager. After Simone had alerted us to the car issue, I bumped into the concierge and mentioned the incident and that we had to meet with the police, and he wrote this in his note book, even asking for our room number, I then expected that the hotel management would step in and help us in dealing with the police and the car hire company (this incident did occur in secure hotel property) but was mistaken and disappointed. At one point, it looked as if we would have to be taken by the Antiguan police to have our fingerprints taken, so you can imagine that this Jolly holiday was turning not Jolly very quickly. Simone from the Dollar desk did a great job in resolving this matter for us, but given this ocurred on secure hotel property I had expect management to help us. However we were left very much on our own. Given that management knew us and recognised us, and we were around the property and seen by them on several occasions after this incident, we had expected something more from them than the ostrich behaviour they adopted. I'm afraid their behaviour really detracted from the efforts of the hard working staff who work in restaurants, bars etc and who really try extremely hard to make sure everyone has a fantastic holiday.

I have to praise Simone from Dollar (on the hotel complex) for really doing all the hard work to help us sort out this complex situation definitely not of our own making, and salvage our holiday. We will need to think hard about returning given the management response.

8  Thank ScotlandWeelass
Reviewed July 17, 2012

In case you are wandering why my title is St. Vincent, its because that the building we stayed at Jolly Beach.
After thirteen all inclusive trips and its the first one with Air Canada, i must say I was completely embarassed, when they took our passport at bothe locations, Toronto and Antigua and had we waiting in line for about an half our just to verify our names. We did not see any passenger went through that harassment.
Anyhow, enough of that, after arriving at Jolly beach hotel we were greeted with a rum punch by Ian then made our way to reception to check in whci we were told our room would be ready in fifteen minutes, I did not mind that, every time we check with reception we were told the room was not ready as yet, so we eventually have to wait for and excess of two hours to get to a standard room, other parties that travelled with us had their room ready as soon as they checked in which was about 3:20 pm.
Room: was cleaned every day and I must complement our maids, they did a good job in maintaining the cleanliness and bringinh fresh towels everyday, special thanks to Dorothy.
Beach, Imaculate, not complaint there.
Pool: No worries there
Ground: Clean.
Breakfast was repetative through the week.
Lunch and dinner was mixed with various choices, there are no way one could starve there, because the snack bar opens at 12:30 until 5:00 pm.
Staff: Very friendly and polite, especially those we interacted with, those people love when we as gusets interact with them.
Our overall experience at Jolly beach is not bad at all, we had the three a la carte and there were all good choices there.
Very polite people in St. John's Downtown.

Room Tip: We stayed at the St. Vincent Building in Room 2013 and it was all good, quick acess to beach buffet, and the main bar.
5  Thank Timber53
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Jolly Beach is a nice resort if you know what to expect. It is a 3 stars resort and as a 3 stars resort it was nice. Yes the rooms are small and dated but they are clean. The staff is among the best i've encountered in all the caribbeans. All of them were always polite, smilling and ready to answer any question or demand. The food was delicious. There was not a lot of choice but a lot of local flavors and dishes and I was happy for that since a lot of time in resorts they tend to go with international instead of local food. Even at the pool grill the jerk chicken was one of the best i had. Drinks are small but good. There is a drink menu which is good when you don't know what to order. It is a calm resort at night. Few nights with a live band. The beach is wow!! Chairs for everyone and it's not a long walk to the bars. Go there with an open mind and you will see that Antiguans have a lot to offer. Go see by yourself!

• Stayed: July 2012