Starfish Jolly Beach Resort
$144
$199
$158
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
$477
Bookit.com
  • Beachfront
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
TripAdvisor
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
4,835 results
All reviewsstandard roomindian restaurantjolly beach resorta la carte restaurantsjerk chickenann marieseafoodentertainment staffsupersaver roomsuper saver roomcoconut grillswim up barquiet poolstar resortthe main buffet restaurantconcierge deskthree star
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I went to jolly beach 23 years ago as a teenager and had fond memories of this place so I thought I would reurn ....hmmm...wish I hadn't really.....Italian restaurant was ment to be formal yet they can't even cook a steak...I just wanted to cook it for them it was so bad.....the Indian restaurant was no more Indian than my kitchen when I make a slmple curry...the buffet was predictable and boring ...the burger bar at the pool was 30 min queue for,it was actually quicker to go into restaurant and get a burger which I did several times...the swim up bar isn't used or serviced which is annoying as its on their website.....one day we had some wind so they took down the umbrellas....I had to bribe someone to get me one as I was burning in the sun three days later after asking each day when they were coming back even though it wasn't windy any more.They have a serious sandfly problem on the beach which can leave you scarred as my wife was,now I know it's not their fault but does every beach in Antigua have this problem? If so why would anyone subject themselves to this torture .they had bed bug problems too with one couple there using their clothes as pillows because their faces got bitten loads.our room was double booked but it worked out in my favour in the end as I was given two standard rooms instead of one superior and I was refunded £700 back from Thompson ,so that was a result but I had to fight for it.
No cushions on the sun beds children club was not used as it was tucked away in the unused part of the site,spa gave a decent massage but a spa it isn't more like a house with rooms.
Lydia's was not bad but you wouldn't want to eat there every night...I ate out 7 times even though I was all inclusive.Antigua has to be 5 star in order to enjoy it I'm afraid...sorry Jolly beach you were jolly but you was also tired and old fashioned....devils creek was the best bit of my holiday....when the waves come in heavy it creates geezers ...see if you can find it.

Room Tip: Family room is two standard rooms connected...basic but probably the best way to do it
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Johncoronado
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

JBR is a great value. Lydia's seafood was great. The buffet was the same menu everyday. I didn't get to dine at the Italian restaurant b/c of the reservation policy. Rooms are ok but need Internet in them . Clean white sand beach, great pool, pool bar and grill did it for me. 90% of the staff made me feel at home. This is my 4th stay at JBR. I would recommend JBR for everyone including kids.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank ramjam67
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Did I mention the beach? The beach was incredible. There were times my fiancee and I felt like we were the only people on it. I cant rate the beach highly enough. Beautiful blue water. Great sunset view. Heavenly.

As for the resort, the property has seen better days. The resort is 30 years old and shows it to a certain extent. The staff was very friendly and ready to help. I wished there was an indoor bar but there isn't one on the property.

A special recognition to Kerry (hope i spelled this right). She was our waitress 4 nights in a row, all at different restaurants. She went out of her way to make our trip special. Overall, I really appreciated the staff, but especially Kerry. BTW, the food was very good. I especially liked the Indian restaurant. Sure, its a caribbean take on indian food, but still very good. Oh, get a burger at the grill by the pool. It was awesome.

Now, if you are looking for a rocking/happening time, this is not your hotel. It was quiet. As the side pool, it was almost library quiet. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED. We lead stressful lives. Quiet beach, quiet pool, tons of drinks. We had a great time but it certainly isn't for everyone. We were talking to a nice very younger couple on their honeymoon. They were cleary very bored.

If you can handle a property that isn't fully modern, if you can handle some quiet, if you can handle tons of drinks (albeit in very small glasses, bring a big cup) you will love this place. If not, move on to somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dayfornight99
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Its took too long for me to find a time to write these fabulous experiences in this relaxing with happy people around which me and my hubby still missing the people and place.We are promising to get back last May 2012 but because of business commitment we had to reschedule it.
To be honest, I find the room too small but remember we go there for the idea of relaxing by the beach all day so we are happy of getting a comfortable bed to sleep and safe place to keep our things.
We could get another bigger room but it is the hustle of moving over which our current room is more strategically convenient in all point of utilities of the resort.
The staffs were friendly and make an effort to serve and greet you every time you see them or meet them. It takes two to tango being friendly guests will make a good relationship with the staffs -happy days for both of us like you are a part of the resort family network. You will know the staff by their name and their duty role daily serving with smile and happy face....
The beach is strategically great sunset view daily and you could walk long miles stretch of white sands with crystal waters along with loads of water sport to do. The best icon of the beach the couple with their kids playing and hand silk painting of your experiences of the beach - authenticity. You can buy your own selection of art work and name on it .
You could have the pool side food bar services lunch daily and afternoon high tea too!
Booking the lunch with Lydia Seafood with music and great selection of foods - great ambience of relaxing lunch. If you would like best seafood restaurant of the area, you could drive along the Crabbe Hill of St Mary find the owner OJ of O J's Beach Bar & Restaurant who has Tuesday night entertainment of Jazz Music of local & international musician like ROLAND PRINCE & CALYPSO VAL, whom we met and had a good chat with the owner too. Lovely place, people and fresh seafoods too.
Food in the Jolly Beach had a variety daily or season which you got to explore other restaurant like the Italian restaurant which need to book too such as the Indian restaurant while main restaurant has its diverse and different foods on daily which does not need booking at all.
We are privilege to meet the lovely gentleman who is the General Manager of the resort - Mr Ted Isaac on our last night of the resort who surprise us with a champagne! What a hospitable host of the island as he is also the current Minister of Tourism, impressive gesture indeed!
The resort is apparently the local New York destination of the local Carribeans because we find it so relaxing and rejuvening for couples and family alike most likely to the newly wed couple who celebrates in the resort.
Fabulous and Fantastic experiences has a great impression to remember and return again!

Room Tip: Room by the ocean is bigger and family size adjacent if you are with your children or other member of the family- St John. They have a chalet or bungalow by the beach but you need to book ahead of time because there are only two.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank cquest888
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Actually stayed in November 2010..
Me and my wife was supposed to visit St.Lucia
But because of the hurricane we resorted to jolly beach.
It turned out well! The room was nice as clean as you would expect...
Staff was pleasant an willing to assist..
Being from the Caribbean the food an drink was excellent!
Lots of variety including Italian , Asian, seafood, and main restaurant.
But I really loved the grill restaurant by the pool...
It's good value for money would recommend.....

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple