Have just returned from 2 weeks at The Jolly Beach - 24th Dec '11 - 7th Jan '12. Feel compelled to write a review as many complaints are exaggerated in our opinion. When you book a 3 star resort, you don't get 5 star accommodation or food; the Jolly Beach delivers exactly what it says on the tin.
Yes the accommodation is a little tired but we upgraded to a king superior and on arrival were given a junior suite. 2 balconies overlooking the ocean, a sitting room, decent bedroom, good storage space but the bathroom needed updating. AC exceptionally good and you could rent a safe which was invaluable.
Great variety of food on offer - Italian restaurant (our favourite) where there is a dress code.....an Indian.....a seafood restaurant set on the beachfront and finally the buffet restaurant serving breakfast (banana bread was exceptional but unfortunately for us, not served ever single day!), lunch and dinner. At the pool, you also have the beach grill where you can pick up a toastie or hamburger type of snack. Plenty of food on offer - even afternoon tea at 4.30pm daily so what more can you ask for? The all inclusive option was great value for money when you consider the amount of meals and drinks on offer plus the range of watersports.
I was expecting cheap and nasty wine being offered but instead we have good quality wines and sparkling wine too...and endless replenishments! Drinks at the bar - well you could have anything you wanted but obviously house brands.
The beach is to die for - beautiful white sand....shells at the edge of the water but sandy floor once in. Clean and tidy and the vendors don't hassle at all. They are all very polite and once you say no thank you, they leave you alone. But if you wish to look at what they are selling, you can, but you don't have to buy.
There's a gym and spa too - we didn't use the spa but were in the gym each morning (except Xmas Day and NY day) at 7.15am! Good range of equipment and weights in a reasonably cool environment.
What makes this resort really stand out are the staff. All the staff, in all areas, are wonderful people; genuine and hospitable and nothing too much trouble. I'd like to mention a number of them in particular, as they really made our two weeks:
Ruth Xavier - a truly superb employee (wine server & waitress) who we loved to bits.
Chantelle, 'tall Sharon', Sharon W, Tenesha & Claudette - all brilliant waitresses.
Clovis, Joice and Neil - great bar tenders with personality and "cheeky chappie Rowan" who collected bar glasses on the beach and at the bars.
Tracy - supervisor at Lydia's seafood restaurant and Louis - supervisor at the Italian.
Finally, Lisa who you booked the restaurants through - an absolute gem of a lady.
Thanks to all of you for making our holiday so memorable - we loved you all and would return in a heartbeat!
So finally, if you are looking for a great value for money holiday, in a superb location, then
The Jolly Beach Resort ticks the boxes. So stop complaining about such small points and experience an excellent 3 star resort!!
Tracy & Colin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's best all-inclusive value, the 464-room Jolly Beach Resort & Spa is an exciting Caribbean experience. The resort offers great year-round value for destination weddings, honeymooners and families. Rates include accommodations, government taxes and service charges, all meals, snacks and afternoon tea, house brand beverages, non-motorized water-sports, activities, Jolly Kidz and Teenz Clubs, use of the gym and entertainment. All rooms are air-conditioned and face the ocean; each has a patio or balcony, direct-dial phone, TV and hair-dryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, West Indies, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jolly Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Beach Hotel Bolans
- Jolly Beach Resort And Spa
- Jolly Beach Resort Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Jolly Beach Antigua
- Jolly Beach Resort & Spa Antigua/Bolans