“Amazing honeymoon!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
Oley, Pennsylvania
“Amazing honeymoon!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Coco Bay for our honeymoon in May 2014. Everywhere you go at the resort it is breathtaking. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous along with the beach and pools. We enjoyed snorkeling and kayaking at the resort too! We loved having our own private cottage with a deck that had a hammock on it. The food was delicious we loved being able to each get a different appetizer, entree, and dessert and share it! From the moment you arrive at the resort until the moment you leave the staff make you feel appreciated for staying there. Staff were so nice and helpful! We are so glad we stayed at Coco Bay for our honeymoon and are looking forward to returning one day!

2 Thank Erin H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I just returned from our 13 day honeymoon at Coco Bay in the last two weeks of May. Everything was simply perfect. We simply cannot say enough good things about every aspect of our experience. We stayed in beachfront cottage #7, which had its own plunge pool and a stunning view of the azure Carribbean sea. The resort itself is very beautiful. It is not a huge resort, but rather small and intimate. The grounds are very lush and the property itself occupies an enviable position where sea views are on three sides, particularly when you are at the restaurant and pool bar. Our room was magnificent. My wife and I have travelled all over the world, and we have never had such a breath taking view from our bed! And what a comfortable king sized bed it was. Our room was very private like being in our own fantasy island. As for the food, what more can I say that I gained almost 10 pounds. The food was absolutely delightful. We actually never had a bad meal during our entire stay, and I was just impressed that there was no repetition during our 13 days. We never ate better! As for the staff, I can only say that I have never felt more welcome or pampered. Every single employee we encountered went above and beyond to ensure our every need was taken care of. Oh, the Pina Colada's were the best I ever tasted. There were so many nice touches from the wet towel and rum punch upon arrival, the bottle of champagne waiting in our room, to the flower pedals scattered all over the floor with candles one night when we returned from dinner. And speaking of dinner, we opted for the private dinner on the beach for $150. This was truly magical with fantastic food and impeccable service. My expectations are very high, and every aspect of our CocoBay stay was above and beyond our wildest expectations. Yes, the cost to stay here isn't cheap, but the value for money you get is way off the scale. Thank you to everyone at Coco Bay for making our honeymoon truly magical!!! We cant wait to return.

Room Tip: Since we stayed in a seaview room with a private plunge pool, I would whole heartedly recommend this...
2 Thank Mark M
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in January this year. The resort is absolutely fabulous, so much so that we booked as soon as we got back for January next year.
We can not fault the resort, the staff, the accommodation, the food, the views or any single thing about Coco Bay, everything is perfect!!
Having visited Antigua before, this is by far the best place we have been to.
It definitely had the wow factor and we can not wait to return.
Thank You Coco Bay!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sallyloudixon
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Cocobay Resort in late April 2014 celebrating her birthday.

Pulling into the resort from a remote road, you enter a "fantasy island" location. We were greeted at the door by name, and we were given cool towels and rum punch. It was a nice touch. One of The young ladies who came out to greet us, informed us of our dinner reservation for that evening and told us we would have to sign up each morning for the time we wanted To eat dinner. She pointed out where the pools and dining room were, and That was pretty much ALL the information we were given about the resort.

Walking to our cottage you can see the beautiful views of the ocean. The cottages themselves don't look like much from the outside, but once inside our room was a romantic paradise.

I highly recommend the room we stayed in. (See pictures). The view was absolutely perfect out into the Caribbean. We had a plunge pool and I highly recommend getting a room with one. The room itself is nicely appointed however it is aged somewhat. We got a room with air conditioning which I feel is also a must. Even with the air conditioning it was still very hot.

The beach itself is beautiful. We spent every morning after breakfast there. You do get asked by locals to jet ski or go on tour excursions quite often. But for the most part they were very polite and not too annoying.

The pools at the resort are infinity pools and are nice, and never seemed crowded. but we loved our plunge pool and for us it would be a must.

Food was overall good. Breakfast has a good selection and an egg station to get omelets and poached eggs. Lunch was the weakest meal in our opinion. I wish they had more sandwiches and choices.
It is always a buffet.

All the dinners we had were very good. The men are required to wear pants. We weren't told this upon checking in, and there is no info or resort directory in the room. I was wearing dress shorts the first night. And the man seating us would not let us in even after we
Said we had just arrived and weren't told this was a
Rule. Plus we were very hungry from traveling all day, and weren't offered lunch when we arrived. But he insisted I go back to change. Thankfully I did bring pants, but that was a bit annoying especially when you consider you are eating in the same room as you do for breakfast and lunch and people are all in bathing suites.

We had the upgraded dining package. We really liked all our meals and I thoroughly enjoyed the lobster. Caribbean night is on Thursday and is a buffet. We thought it was good, but not our favorite.
On our last night they came to our door as we were dressing for dinner with some rum punch and toasted coconut. Then when we were at dinner they can into our room and sprinkled rose petals and had candles all over the room. It was very romantic and we were very surprised.

Overall this is a great romantic place to visit as a couple. There were some families there with older kids, but I wouldn't come here with children of any age. It really is more for couples.

Pros- great views and quaint rooms, very romantic resort. The plunge pool was amazing.

Cons- They need to have a directory of what is available at the resort, as well as some basic info, like the dress code.
Maybe some snacks offered between meals, or at least tell you where you could find some. We had tiny ants in our bathroom, but in such a tropical location that's to be expected.
We would definitely recommend this resort to any couple
Looking to escape from the outside world.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sgtpet
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I just got back from our 7 day honeymoon at CoCo Bay and cannot say enough good things about the resort, the staff, the food, the views and all around everything about our trip. We stayed in cottage #12 , the seafront cottage and I would highly recommend staying in a seafront cottage. The private plunge pool was very sexy.
They serve you breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort and the food is INCREDIBLE!! The diversity of their menu's for lunch and dinner was impressive, creative, healthy and tasteful. The lunch buffet was always good, they always had a nice light vegetable soup, greens for salad and a protein.. fish, chicken, lamb, beef.. it was always so good. Breakfasts were amazing with their fresh fruit and Sonya who was making you whatever you desired, fried eggs, omelets, poached, whatever you wanted, They always had banana pancakes which my husband loved.
The staff was very nice and they really took care of you. From the bartenders, the restaurant staff, the front desk, the cleaning staff, everyone was professional and really helped you relax.
I would recommend CoCo Bay to anyone for a romantic getaway, We hope to be back someday.

2 Thank Rebecca D
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at Cocobay in May for our Honeymoon. My wife had no idea where she was going - so no pressure on me then!! What a fabulous choice I made. From the moment of our arrival we were totally gobsmacked by the location and the service received. The first view from inside Reception across the stunning gardens to the torquise sea and blue sky was to die for and had us hooked. The warmth and frienldliness of the greeting merely added to the atmosphere. Every single member of staff was happy and friendly and made you feel like a long lost friend, yet managing to maintain their professionalism somehow. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble - and it was a GENUINE desire to make sure that everyone's stay was perfect. (Those who have commented about some staff being unhelpful obviously stayed at a different resort to us!!). My wife has dietary issues which meant she was unable to eat much of the prepared food - no problem - something was prepared and cooked for her on every occasion. Her only problem was thinking what to order. The food for me was delicious with sufficient variation - I thoroughly enjoyed every single meal. There was also plenty of it - 4 meals a day should be more than enough for even the biggest appetite - those that have said otherwise must have a problem!! The rooms are simple and beautiful - you don't need anything more and spotlessly clean. Ours had a 180 deg sea view and air con (a must). I had tried to get a room with plunge pool but they were all booked, however, in hindsight I'm glad. There's no benefit to it - we merely used our room to get dressed and sleep - we don't go on holiday to spend time in a hotel room. The two infinity pools and beaches are simply stunning and the pools are never crowded (the most we saw in one pool at any time was 5 people). There's always a choice of sunbeds (on occasion we had four between us - 2 in the shade and 2 in the sun). Why therefore would you want to be in your room? There's really too much to say about Cocobay - it simply is as close to perfection in paradise as you could possibly get. I'm sure that those who have said things could be improved would find fault at even a "top" world hotel. Thanks to ALL at Cocobay for making our stay so memorable. I'll not mention anyone by name as EVERYONE played their part.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view (although I don't think that there are many without) and air con i...
3 Thank Ian C
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Cocobay for a random vacation in May, and it ended up being the honeymoon we never had. The property is gorgeous, and the staff are fantastic. We loved the intimate feel of the resort. There was always a great spot available at the pool, and we never had to wait for food or beverages (or anything for that matter). The rum punch is to die for, though we would have liked more premium beverage options. A minor point, given the exceptional value of our vacation. TIP: there are some up-charges on the menu, but we were told that because we booked directly with the resort, those charges were waived. We met several couples who had been to Cocobay many times before, and I can see why. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Oleander, and it was perfect. Premium ocean-front is worth the splurge! The plunge po...
1 Thank 823charlotteb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
Blue Waters Antigua
Galley Bay Resort
Galley Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Five Islands Village
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa

Been to Cocobay Resort? Share your experiences!