Just got back from our honeymoon and we were very happy with our experience at Coocbay Resort. From start to finish they did an amazing job at making our honeymoon a memorable one!
• location is breathtaking! the view from dining area is one to rival any other island resort
• staff are incredibly friendly and happy. we were personally greeted upon arrival with a rum punch and bottle of cool champagne in our room
• personal plunge pool was such a treat when you wanted to just cool down in your room! definitely go for this option, it is worth the extra $
• grounds are impeccably maintained
• the majority of the food was very good outside a few areas (see next section)
• beach is a minute walk away and one of the best on the island
• pampering spa treatments. we went for the 'couples massage' at sunset and didn't regret it!
• every other day at sunset you will get 'bug bombed' by some guy carrying around a leaf-blower style machine spitting up plumes of chemical smoke. it smells like death and with my wife being pregnant we were not too fond of having chemicals sprayed all over the resort. there has to be a better way to control mosquitos rather than this method.
• not a whole lot to at night besides drink at the bar. there was one night during our weeklong stay with entertainment, but very quiet beyond that. no tv (beyond pay per view movies) and the wifi was spotty in our rooms.
• breakfast could use a little bit of improvement in terms of presentation and selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's most romantic all-inclusive resort - Cocobay is a colorful collection of pastel cottages crowning a breezy hillside undulating down to two white-sand beaches and miles of turquoise Caribbean Sea. Blessed with some of the most dramatic ocean views on the island, we cater to couples seeking a romantic getaway in a quaint, natural setting. Guests can choose from 57 private, authentic, Caribbean cottages and 4 plantation houses each enjoying a private verandah with striking sea views and custom designed wooden furniture. The premium pool cottages provide the very best oceanfront locations, and other amenities such as: private plunge pool, more spacious interior including extra seating area, air conditioning, bathrobes and other extra bathroom amenities, private balcony with adirondack chairs and hammock, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, espresso coffee machine, iron & ironing board, king size bed with pillowtop mattresses and high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua/Bolans