“Carmichael's - dinner with a view!”
Review of Carmichael's

Carmichael's
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Bolans
Cuisines: Caribbean, European
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Carmichael's restaurant offers innovative cuisine with a scenic view. We offer a 7 course tasting menu Every Saturday or on request we offer a 5 course vegan menu.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ate here the evening of June 18th and was thoroughly impressed! The view from the restaurant is stunning, to put it mildly. The staff were gracious and welcoming, and we enjoyed a relaxing evening on the terrace.

The food was brilliant - the squash soup was without a doubt one of the best I've ever tasted. The steak and pork dishes were expertly prepared and creatively presented, and service was perfectly timed. Cordell and Marian went out of their way to give us superior service. Prices are in line with fine dining, about 200.00 CAD for 2 three course meals with wine.

If you're looking for a unique and romantic experience, try Carmichael's - I would return here in a heartbeat!

1  Thank nh709

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although we were staying at Blue Waters, where the food was excellent, we had a special meal to celebrate our anniversary at Carmichaels Restaurant which is set in the Sugar Ridge resort, close to Jolly Beach.
On arrival at the hotel reception, we used the shuttle to the restaurant - up the steepest slope on the island I am sure, The restaurant is high up the hill side and consequently has both lovely breezes and wonderful views.
The meal was excellent, beautifully presented, imaginative menu, and utterly delicious. The wine list very good for the Caribbean. The service discreetly attentive.
A lovely restaurant and a memorable meal.

1  Thank chipsmiths
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food was delicious & fresh. Intimate atmosphere. Good view. Great service. Our server was
very attentive.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We tried pretty much every appetizer, entree, and dessert on the menu and loved everything. The food is amazing, as well as the service. The view added the extra ambience. This is a definite must!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We liked this place fairly well, but things were a bit spotty and it didn't quite live up to the hype.

3 stars doesn't quite seem right for the overall good experience we had, but 4 stars is way too many. This is because the price-point is the same as the handful of other "fine dining" establishments on the island, but it's just not quite as good.

Let's start with the food: Our first course had us just about swooning, it was so good. I had lobster and pumpkin soup, which was delicious. My husband had the fresh tuna and was absolutely enraptured by the quality. it was really, really good.

Things fell apart on our main courses. I had the spinach canneloni, which was good but not memorable. I did like it OK. My husband ordered the filet mignon and it was nearly inedible. Overcooked? No, that wasn't the issue. It had been microwaved. We did not even take it home to the dog.

Our waitress was a nice person, but we don't go out to dinner at that price-point to chat with the waitress and she stood by our table and uncontrollably gabbed for over 10 minutes. I was trying to gaze into my loved-one's eyes, and she just wouldn't leave.

Atmosphere-wise: I bet it's great in late sping or in the summer when one can catch the sunset. But for those of us who are there in the winter and thus can't catch the sunset, it's not much of a view. Sure it's on the hill, but looking down at the cars going by wasn't all that great.

Price for the two courses each as described above, along with a mid-price bottle of wine, was U.S.$179 before tip.

1  Thank cessnapilot