These people would struggle as a greeter at Wal-Mart. No one can help you. I called several resorts before making a decision. I did call this resort and got a quote $3,400.00. I thought this was high. So as an American consumer I kept looking for a deal. I booked this trip through Price Line in July when Priceline had a reasonable deal. We paid $1,900.00 for 8 nights. I called to confirm a week before and check on amenities. I gave them my conformation number from Priceline over the phone they seemed to know who I was. I arrived and they wanted me to pay upon arrival. I explained I already paid for this trip in July though Priceline. The front desk told me they do not work with Priceline. They did have a room under my name. Which I was surprised because I booked under my husband's name. (I believe the confusion was- when I called to confirm my trip through Priceline they booked the $3,400.00 room. Not through Priceline) So when I arrived I was shocked. I wanted this problem solved. I asked them to look up the room under the conformation number I was given. They would not take it. I showed a paid receipt. That was not good enough. I even pulled up my e-mail from Priceline and showed it to them. Not good enough. This even had their name Tranquility Bay all over it. Not good enough. I pulled up my credit card information and called the credit card company and talked on the phone with them. They showed that Tranquility Bay had been paid in July. Several days there they had not helped solve the problem. I could not get WiFi internet in the room so I used their computers to e-mail Priceline. After Christmas and Boxing Day I got a response from Priceline. We did have a room and it was paid. Priceline said they would call the front desk. The front desk was there but would not pick up. I sent my husband down to the front desk to tell them to pick up and talk to Priceline now so we can solve this problem. They told my husband they could not do it because they can not help today the manager Dawn was in charge and she won't be in for a few hours. (I am totally ticked - I am on vacation trying to solve their screw up.). I asked again that they use the conformation number from Priceline. The room is under my husbands name. About 6 days into the trip they tell me they solved the problem that they e-mailed Priceline and I could relax. We go to check out and of course I have a $35.00 phone bill from the states. I thought it would be fair for them to absorb the cost. Dawn argued and raised her voice at me several times telling me I made the call to Priceline and she had solved the problem without my help. She totally ruined my 8 days of vacation. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Tranquility Bay needs to be trained how to be hospitable to consumers. Reading all these other reviews we expected a 3 star Resort. What we got was a 1 star service at the desk. Our room was 3 star. Door won't shut without a good slam. Coffee maker and blender was not working was replaced within an hour. Fan in bed room was as noisy as a runway jet taking off. 2 showers one hot the other cold and did not drain well. Half the electric plugs worked. Bring surge protector for all electronic. We brought down a small fan and it shorted out because of the different power source. They had both 110 and a 120. But-power fluctuations. BRING SURGE PROTECTED POWER STRIP for electronics. Maid service for excellent. Marie was awesome. She kept the room clean. We always had fresh linens. There was fresh flowers everywhere. Nice touch. She was very pleasant. The beach is beautiful as expected. The sand is nice and soft. Lots to do for the kids. However the pool at Jolly Resort is outdated. (3 star) If you want to relax at the beach don't go here. It is similar to a flock of seagulls fighting over a fish but in this case it's your money. We were approached by locals 3 to 16 times a day for island excursions, not relaxing. Tranquility Bay had a cocktail party - very nice. They also had Santa arrive on a boat and party for the kids with presents. That was a nice thing for the kids. All in all it comes down to basic costumer relations. If the problem about the room was resolved pleasantly within a day it would have been a much more enjoyable stay. By the way you can book on Priceline today!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans