“Great resort”

Tranquility Bay Antigua
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
“Great resort”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I loved the resort, and the staff was very polite and helpful. I also really loved the proximity to the beach. The nearby restaurants and food was great. The easy access to the rest of the Jolly Beach services made sure there was always something for us to do. We found our way easily on the buses that leave right from the resort and go into town. I had a really great time and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Cordie2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a two bedroom suite in the sunset delight building. Request this building as it is closest to the beach. I will make a list of pros and cons.

PRO
Hotel staff: excellent very accommodating. For example I needed an extra night stay purchased a one bedroom but was allowed to stay in my same two bedroom suite. Housekeeping service was good as well. Just be friendly and communicate your needs.

Location: excellent. Tranquility Bay is located near a market were u can buy groceries, bus station, post office and restaurants. Everything is in walking distance. If you have little ones then rent a golf cart. I felt safe. A lot of excursions leave from Jolly Harbour so that's a plus.

Beach: good. The Caribbean Sea is very pretty. There are plenty of fun watersports to get into. We went jet skiing it was fun.

Rooms: great. The rooms are very spacious. Great for a family or friends. The rooms were clean, and had working air conditioners. I did not hear my neighbors or the people above me. The rooms have large decks with built in screens to allow in fresh air. The kitchen is equipped with most appliances to include a blender. My room had to safes in the master bedroom closet

CONS

Beach: Tranquility Bay needs to replace lawn chairs. Also I heard the Caribbean Sea on the other side of town is clearer. Lots of seashells on sand.

RoOm: Has no oven.

Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
8 Thank Tam2fly
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in a huge 2 bed suite with the biggest balcony ever. This was my first stay in Antigua and I will never stay anywhere else. The air conditioners are really loud but we found if we turned them off at night and just used the ceiling fans we were perfect. There were a couple things missing from our kitchen, namely the cork screw and the blender, but as soon as we contacted the front desk about it we had replacements sent up promptly. You can't ask for more than that! Filmena was extremely helpful and very attentive to our needs. She took care of us through our whole stay from booking an excursion to Barbuda to changing our beach towels. We were there for the beach and were not disappointed. White sand, some shells, Caribbean blue sea, lots of lounge chairs (although those could stand to be replaced/upgraded), great swimming area without plant life and a perfect distance to walk the beach. Just watch out for the jet skis. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Heather T
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to Tranquility bay for a week from July 6-July 13. I'm handicapped, walking with a cane. I requested a unit close to the beach and got Unit 102. It was a wonderful location. Only maybe 100 steps to the beach, The unit was not fancy but very good. The AC did leak but other than that we found the staff very accomodating. The beach was wonderful and we swam every morning and night. We did a great tour to Barbuda with Excellence Catarman that I highly recommend. Snorkeling was not great at Great Bird Island. No fish in the reefs there. Driving a rental car was somewhat scary at times but we got to see the whole island. Good lunch deal at Coconuts beach Resort, 22.50 us for all you could eat and drink and the food was great. Horse back riding at long Bay Beach. Also, remember everything is negotiable on the island. Overall, we had a fantastic trip. monique

Room Tip: Aks to be close to the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mocca50
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed at tranquility bay for the last 5 years and have always had a great time I agree with what is said about the furniture no Being very comfortable but I do not come on holiday to sit in my apartment watching the tv when there are so much to do on and around the resort or a great place to chill and relax already looking forward to our return in January 2014

Room Tip: Try to get a deluxe room on the top floor as the balcony gets the sun almost all day
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The living room furniture needs updating. It was most uncomfortable. The pool was a walk from our room. The beach was close. The shower was high and needed a grab bar. The kitchen was not in great shape as the stove's igniter was not working. The living room air conditioner also was poor. It did not cool the room sufficiently.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel next door. Jolly beach
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cecile312
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the beginning of April. It was our first trip to Antigua. Our one bedroom was very spacious and had 2 balconies one small and one large so we could have sun or shade. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes etc. The couch and chair was not the most comfortable but most time in the room we were on the balcony. Beach was close. Supermarket was within walking distance. Buses were easy to catch to go about and explore. One of the pools at the Jolly Roger was not in operation while we were there but the other pool was huge and was not crowded. The front desk staff were always friendly and willing to answer all of our questions. We had a great time at Tranquillity Bay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ends have 2 balconies
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kaalgo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
Blue Waters Antigua
#1 of 2 in Jolly Harbour
Sugar Ridge
Sugar Ridge
#2 of 2 in Jolly Harbour

Been to Tranquility Bay Antigua? Share your experiences!