We spent 10 nights at Tranquility Bay condos in Jolly Harbour, we stayed in a 2-bedroom, full kitchen suite.Service at Tranquility was excellant and staff so friendly and helpful. The living room furniture was a bit uncomfortable, however with a tv in every room we watched tv in bed most of the time.Showers need some updating and air conditioner worked really hard to try and keep the rooms cool. I would definitely recommend skipping the all-inclusive option and venturing out on your own to enjoy the local cuisine. So many great resturants, Akropolis the Greek Resturant,(excellant) ate there twice, Al Portos Italian resturant (very good ) and on the pier, all walking distance. Crow's Nest local bar was great and Canadian owned by a lovely lady Helen, again just walking distance. There is a local supermarket to pick up coffee , drinks, snacks and beers to keep for when we took our time.getting ready for our day or evening. I must say the people are the nicest I ever met on an island and i have been on quiet a few islands. They don't bother you and no begging, there are just happy smiling people, just wave and say hello when walking or driving by. I do have to mention as i wish i had known before going, there are lots and lots of mosquitos out in the evening, the gardens are sprayed every night which is great, i got bitten very badly first night dining out, but once i knew this i sprayed myself every night before going out and was safe after that. They didn't bite my husband but feasted on me and quiet a few other people i met. So bring bug spray!
We went on a couple of island tours with "Lennox Fun Tours" his name is Lennox Scotland he was a very nice man, and we thoroughly enjoyed his tour guiding of the whole island, We hired him for 2 days to really show us the island , its beaches and the historical sugar plantations/ mills, he did a great job. Just ask for Lennox, everyone on the island knows him,from concierge at Tranquility to any of the local resturants. We had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans