Tranquility Bay exceeded our expectations in many ways, keep in mind this is not a five-star resort. The rooms were big and clean, the kitchen well stocked with all the appliances and cookware you could need. Air conditioning works great - separate units for the bedrooms and main room, never used the TVs. Furniture in the living area felt kind of cheap, but did the job. The bed was very comfortable. Access to the beach is a couple minutes of walking - and perfectly located so that you can walk south from the entry point and enjoy the amenities of the busy Jolly Beach Resort (kayaking, sailing, pools...) or walk north a little ways and find an area that is practically deserted. The grocery store is about 5 minutes walk and is well stocked to provide all you need for in-suite cooking - and their fried chicken is better than KFC and only 9 EC / lb! For better produce variety, take the bus into St. John's - the market is right across the street from St. John's bus terminal. There are several restaurants within walking distance, our favorites were the Crow's Nest and Miracles - we did do a lot of cooking ourselves. Apparently the food at Jolly Beach resort (the neighbouring all-inclusive) is not great so don't bother with the outrageously overpriced meal plans.
All of the staff at Tranquility Bay were very kind and genuinely eager to help you. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely consider coming back if we return to Antigua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans