My family and I traded in white Canadian snow for white Antiguan sands this Christmas and it was an amazing vacation!
The staff at Tranquility Bay and their "sister resort," Jolly Beach, were so kind, friendly, and helpful! They were very informative about optional day trips and local activities, giving us sound advice so that we would get the most "bang for our buck," so to speak. On Christmas Eve, the staff hosted a reception for all guests, where they served us complimentary drinks (wine and rum punch) and yummy Caribbean food (chicken, fish, and cake) while wearing reindeer antlers and Santa hats...no strings attached (as opposed to the typical gimmicky receptions where you are stuck listening to time-share sales pitches for 3 hours).
Our 2-bedroom suite was spacious and clean, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was fully stocked (with a full fridge, stove, microwave, dishes, pots, and cutlery), the patio was large and peaceful, and the laundry room (with washer and dryer) was a bonus! The family room furniture wasn't super comfy but we spent most of our time on the beach so that was a moot point.
Speaking of the beach, we were only a 2 minute walk from the amazing Jolly Beach and a 5 minute walk from Jolly Harbour, where there is the marina, a supermarket, and local off-site restaurants/pubs, including the awesome Crow's Nest Pub. Jolly Beach has beautiful clear turquoise water, white sands that you can walk or jog along, and lots of amenities (water sports, etc). There were sales people walking along the beach, promoting tours and handmade items, but they were not too pushy; in fact, they were very friendly and respectful. You can easily access the Jolly Beach Resort from the beach, with one of the pools being right on the beach!
After speaking with some of the guests who had an all-inclusive package, we were VERY thrilled with our choice to stay at Tranquility Bay suites. Our accommodations were more comfortable, the food off the resort was delicious (more variety, cheaper prices, delicious seafood), and we still had access to all of the resort amenities...all for a better deal than the all-inclusive package.
Whether you are travelling with your family (with kids of any ages), as a couple, or with friends, I highly recommend Tranquility Bay as your resort destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans