While it is true that the LR furniture leaves something to be desired, it is not a deal breaker and we worked with it (extra pillows), though we highly recommend they upgrade in the LRs. The beds were terrific and the 2B/2Bath unit we were in was comfortable, large, and the kitchen well supplied. The staff was all very helpful and even gave us leeway in our checkout time as it was pouring rain and we needed to wait for our cab. The website indicates the grocery store is about a mile away but it was only about a 5 min. walk, as were a variety of restaurants.
The beach, just a short walk away around Jolly Beach resort, is lovely and we made good use of the hobie cats and such; not a real good place to snorkel, though - take an excursion out to Cades Reef or catch a bus (an interesting island experience in itself) to some of the other good beaches; again, the front desk staff was helpful in figuring that out, and it was a fun part of our stay. If the weather is clear, the view of Montserrat is terrific and you can catch a wonderful sunset from the beach.
The grounds are fairly nice though some maintenance is needed on the roads. We did have an issue in our unit with both the fridge (too low to the floor, banging our feet) and the a/c (draining water across the end of the hallway and into the kitchen) and reported those issues. When walking around, keep an eye out for the many birds and the local mongooses darting around on the grounds.
We ate all our meals in, having brought in what we could in a cooler and getting fresh items from the nearby grocery store, a system which worked very well and saved us a lot of time as well as money. If someone is around to drive you in the golf cart, they will, but we went in the off season so that wasn't an option most of the time, though we did manage to catch a ride back from the grocery store when it was raining out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans