We spent a week at this property. The grounds and buildings are looking dated, but you can't beat the location. And how much time do you spend in your room? With the gorgeous weather and beach nearby, it wasn't much time at all. We stayed in a 2-bedroom. The balcony overlooked a road that was noisy in the a.m. and p.m. during "rush" hour. The 2 double beds were very comfortable; my sister reported that the king bed was hard. The kitchen was well equipped. We got a few take-out items from the well-stocked nearby grocery store (go early to buy the delicious jerk chicken). The restaurants in Jolly Harbor were mostly good, and you can walk to them. Ask at the front desk about local restaurant "specials" nights. In general prices are higher in Antigua than in the U.S.
Tranquility Bay guests use the amenities of the Jolly Harbor resort next door. We had fun playing tennis and the courts are lit. We used the health club machines. The pool was warm and clean. The beach is beautiful, and we had no problem finding shade, probably because it was the start of the "low" season. The boat guys are really helpful and will take you for a sail or teach you how to sail the catamaran yourself. My husband also did wind surfing and used the kayaks. The bay is indeed tranquil but there is always a good wind for sailing. The blue-green water is not clear right off the beach, but you can hire out to go snorkeling or to go horseback riding or to do a land tour. You can either make arrangements through the front desk or use some of the local vendors who approach you on the beach. Just check with the boat guys to make sure the vendor is legitimate. People do approach you on the beach to sell things, but they leave you alone when you say no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Bolans