All reviews the main road phu quoc noisy construction night market home stay felt like home pool area couple of nights lovely pool breakfast buffet short stay a wonderful stay airport transfer short walk to the beach your feet building work garden view
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here with family over Xmas and the location was great for us. We booked 2 of the pool view rooms which they gave us next to each other and another further down (this was a garden view room).

The outdoor bathrooms were cool, but the netting was broken in all of them which meant you got heaps of mosquito and bugs coming through. Such an easy fix which just doesn’t seem to get done. Also a huge gecko (like lizard size!) in our room one night. I ran up and told reception and the response was “sorry no one here”. I said I cannot sleep with that in my room!!!! They eventually sent a male staff member who went in with my dad and they had to chase it around the room! Entertaining, but not really what you want on holiday!

Housekeeping didn’t seem to come until really late in the afternoon and I’m not sure how much they “cleaned”. Sheets had marks for the duration of our stay (5 nights) so I’m not sure they ever actually changed them.

Breakfast was OK but you had to constantly tell them that things were finished or request for them to refill. May have been because of the time of year, as some days were better than others.

Reception staff organised motorbikes for us for 150k dong per day so that was good and made getting around a lot easier. The free shuttle to the night market was also handy.

Wouldn’t rush back.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for couple of nights here. Hotel is amidst hostels, so expect hostel crowd and noise around you. They have wooden decor rooms with open bathrooms - yes you got it right open with bamboo kind of structure on top. One night our bathroom doors were stuck for two hours and they had to call an external technician to fix it. Staff don't speak English (Except one girl at reception who knew good English as she had studied in Australia) . Breakfast is sad. Overall a very average place to stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2018 via mobile

Plus: the pool, the garden, the location, view to the pool
Minus: a lot of mosquitoes, room a bit dark (to my taste).
I checked in, found my duvet had a dirty spot, informed the reception then left for dinner. When I returned, the duvet was not changed. Reception reported that they cannot change because their housekeeping dept is closed. Only after I insist that I will not sleep with a dirty duvet, they then managed to find me a replacement. Everything worked out at the end but i don’t think dirty duvet is acceptable in any case. The first response from the reception was quite disappointing.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

Great staff very accommodating and helpful,
From lending us a phone charger to getting a cab.
Breakfast was alway good and many choices.
Short walk down the hill and central to everything. Easy to get a cab or walk if you want to. Safe and comfortable hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Dream741513, Receiptionist at Bauhinia Resort Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Dear Ron,

Thank you very much for you kind words, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the delicious breakfast that we have carefully prepared every early morning !

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Bauhinia on your next trip to the lovely Phu Quoc island.

Best regards,

Dana

Reviewed November 22, 2018 via mobile

This is one of rare hotels where you stay in and have that feeling of being at home - the staff is everything, they helped us from organisng tours to pick a place for dinner and drinks at nights. Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dream741513, Quản lý bộ phận lễ tân at Bauhinia Resort Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Dear Mica,

We have been tried our best to deliver customers the best and your positive review has definitely made our day.

Thank you very much for spending your memorable holiday with us.

Warm regards,