Stayed here for three days at the end of a 2wk trip from Hanoi down. We had two bungalows one for us and one for our two boys age 19 and 20yrs. Our bungalow 419 was set back behind the beachfront row but still had beachviews, one thing is that when you sit in the deckchairs provided on your deck, its too low and you can't see over the railings to the nice view. The room was clean and there was plenty of room, The shower is just a hand held one over the bath, but it did the job. Our boys bungalow was 426 and looked out into a amenities block, not that they cared but I would not have liked that. The beach was clean and we always had a choice of sunloungers either sun or shade. There were hundreds of little clear jellyfish that gave a slight sting and left little red dots that you could see on the white body bits, but it wasn't an issue to stop enjoying the warm water.The pool was looking a bit tired, but with a nice beach we only used it once.We found the staff really friendly - all of them. One of the boys had his birthday while we were there and he received flowers, wine and a big birthday cake. We ate lunch down at the beach restuarant and were happy with the meals, the drinks are still cheap. We ate in the main restuarant one night and had lovely meals. It is only a $1 taxi ride(too hot to walk) to the nightmarket for the most amazing seafood meals ever. Just outside the resort you can hire motorbikes for $10US for the whole day, which we did and had a great time, most of the roads are unsealed and you come back covered in red dust. You can get $4US beach massages 1hr( not professional but still good) or the resorts spa offers all treatments at very reasoalbe prices. I had a 1hr facial for $20US and it was bliss.As far as value for money goes I'm not sure how it compares as it was part of our package deal but we found it a relaxing spot - oh yeh apart from the Japanese tourists that like to start the day on the beach and playing volleyball rather loudly at 6am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thien Hai Son resort comprises 100 rooms: 43 hotel-rooms, 32 garden view bungalow rooms, 06 Seaside-bungalow rooms, 02 VIP-Bungalows 15 garden view-hotel room and 02 VIP rooms. All room have their own private balcony with all amenities and comfors of a 3-star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thien Hai Son Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thien Hai Son Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Thien Hai Son Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam