I was going to spend a four-day Thanksgiving weekend here, but after a mere 24 hours - I packed my bags and ran for the airport. My hotel was a filthy dump. My room reeked of tobacco, mold, and some chemicals meant to mask the odor (they didn't). My bed sheets had blood stains on them. There were mosquitoes in the room but no mosquito nets were provided (fortunately, I always travel with my own). The breakfast was greasy and unapetizing: it included fried (to death!) eggs and cold coffee. They collected my passport and held it hostage until my departure -- for no reason at all, since I traveled within Vietnam. Hotel staff's loud yelling to each other started promptly at 6:00 a.m. The beach would be O.K. if it wasn't for the unrelenting loud noise of the jet skis and its accompanying fuel smell. Additionally, one of the jet ski attendants was constantly hacking out his lungs and spitting on the beach -- the same beach we walk on. Barefoot! The restaurant staff has nobody who speaks anything but Vietnamese. It took lots of gestures to convey I wanted a bottle of water. After about 10 minutes, I settled for tea since there was no way to communicate. But that is not all. If it was, I could have just switched hotels. The worse part was the constant stench in the air: the stench of rotten fish. I found out the culprit was a fish sauce factory nearby. My advise: do NOT go there!
Property: Thien Hai Son ResortAddress: 68 Tran Hung Dao street, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Location: Vietnam > Kien Giang Province > Phu Quoc Island > Duong Dong
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 Spa Hotel in Duong Dong
#11 On the Beach Hotel in Duong Dong
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $
Hotel Class:3 star — Thien Hai Son Resort 3*
Number of rooms: 100
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thien Hai Son resort comprises 100 rooms: 43 hotel-rooms, 32 garden view bungalow rooms, 06 Seaside-bungalow rooms, 02 VIP-Bungalows 15 garden view-hotel room and 02 VIP rooms. All room have their own private balcony with all amenities and comfors of a 3-star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Thien Hai Son Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thien Hai Son Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Thien Hai Son Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam