“Cut your losses and run! I did just that.”

Thien Hai Son Resort
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in Duong Dong
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Cut your losses and run! I did just that.”
Reviewed November 23, 2007

I was going to spend a four-day Thanksgiving weekend here, but after a mere 24 hours - I packed my bags and ran for the airport. My hotel was a filthy dump. My room reeked of tobacco, mold, and some chemicals meant to mask the odor (they didn't). My bed sheets had blood stains on them. There were mosquitoes in the room but no mosquito nets were provided (fortunately, I always travel with my own). The breakfast was greasy and unapetizing: it included fried (to death!) eggs and cold coffee. They collected my passport and held it hostage until my departure -- for no reason at all, since I traveled within Vietnam. Hotel staff's loud yelling to each other started promptly at 6:00 a.m. The beach would be O.K. if it wasn't for the unrelenting loud noise of the jet skis and its accompanying fuel smell. Additionally, one of the jet ski attendants was constantly hacking out his lungs and spitting on the beach -- the same beach we walk on. Barefoot! The restaurant staff has nobody who speaks anything but Vietnamese. It took lots of gestures to convey I wanted a bottle of water. After about 10 minutes, I settled for tea since there was no way to communicate. But that is not all. If it was, I could have just switched hotels. The worse part was the constant stench in the air: the stench of rotten fish. I found out the culprit was a fish sauce factory nearby. My advise: do NOT go there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was absolutely horrible, especially the stench and dirty sheets
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank EvitaP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Vietnamese first
#9 of 47 in Duong Dong
Sasco Blue Lagoon Resort
Sasco Blue Lagoon Resort
#82 of 98 in Phu Quoc Island

Been to Thien Hai Son Resort? Share your experiences!