“Cassia is Beachin'”

Cassia Cottage
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Duong Dong
“Cassia is Beachin'”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were traveling with 3 generations of our family. The concept of the beach house with 2 rooms is really brilliant. I will always be looking for this now. The kiddie pool and adult pool is also a fantastic idea. Thomas and Thanh Cho were so professional and truly pleasant. The kitchen was spot on, and the happy hour drinks was a really nice touch. The beach was impeccable. We have been to Phu Quoc before but this time we got really lucky with the beach being perfectly clear and calm. As I write this I am wishing we were there now. Phu Quoc recently opened a new airport and that is also picturesque.
Thanh, thank you for all your help with my baby. I was serious about my offer for you to come and stay with us in Singapore!

1 Thank Florezdesessions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We are a family of six and stayed in September in one of the beach houses. Cassia Cottage is a lovely oasis with beautiful surroundings and lovely friendly staff. The beach house was very spacious, clean and very comfortable. When we arrived we were warmly greeted with refreshing drinks and helped to our beach house. The staff were fantastic with our children who are 15, 13 and two 8 year olds. The location of Cassia is a fairly easy walk into town and there were always plenty of taxis when the family were need of a ride. I can recommend Cassia Cottage and if we ever went back to Phu Quoc we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed in the beach house with my parents and our 2 year old son. It was a beautiful space and the staff (esp. Thanh and Thomas) really went out of their way to make sure our stay was really enjoyable. The place was really well maintained and the beach was great for swimming; really idyllic. Menu was extensive and everything we tried was very good: 3.5-4 stars. My parents are vegetarian and the kitchen was very accommodating. Would definitely recommend a stay here and will be heading back next time I am in Phu Quoc.

Room Tip: The beach house is huge and really good for families traveling together.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family, including 2 year old daughter, stayed for 3 nights and 4 days at this wonderful resort. First night I had a major issue with the shower falling apart. Issue was fixed within 20 minutes of telling staff. I am a picky person about many things but would not hesitate to stay again. For USA travelers they have hired new managment personelle and have identified issues with language and cultural knowledge. They are trying very hard to move this hotel to the next level and for that they should be your next place to stay in Phu Quoc. Please let Thomas or Thanh know what you need and they will try their best to get it done. Looking forward to returning soon to Cassia.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jonathan S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here with our nine month old baby girl. Excellent service, staff attentive but not intrusive. Comfortable rooms, lovely grounds. Backs onto a great swimming beach. Kid friendly pool. Very important ly , the food is excellent. And it's not pretentious.

1 Thank Mabel163
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 8nights and loved it. The staff where really friendly and everything was relaxed and calm.

One of the new managers came for a drink with us and was very friendly. Making it feel like we where staying with friends or something.

The younger man who works there was especially helpful and tended to anything we needed.

Motorbike rental was a plus with the one we had being in good shape and well maintained.

All in all and great place to stay, with great company and idilic scenery. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Albiewelch
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This review is almost one year late. I stayed at Cassia in February 2013 and it was so wonderful here I am sitting at my desk in Vancouver BC, dreaming of Cassia Cottage and wishing I could be transported back there right this minute.

February is high season - Cassia Cottage was full but it never felt overcrowded. The pools were quiet (the adult-only pool is such a nice touch) and there were always lounges available on the beach. The beach!! So gorgeous and wonderful. The breakfasts were delicious (I was wide awake at 6 am every morning excited about breakfast). The rooms are comfortable and cozy and everything is very clean. The staff is superb. We only had dinner at the Spice House once as we walked to the night market for dinner the rest of the nights (we stayed 5 nights total). What we especially loved were the lunch specials - every day a different Vietnamese specialty for $5USD. Delicious!!!

I did not want to leave Cassia Cottage. We explored other high end hotels on the island but Cassia Cottage tops them all in my opinion. It has a homey feel, is not pretentious but offers luxury. Like I said, dreaming of my next visit....

I was travelling with my parents and they are going back in February 2014. Wish I could join them again!

I should mention we had the two bedroom villa looking out onto the adult-only pool. It was absolutely fantastic.

The reason I am marking three stars for value is because there is no question Cassia Cottage is a little pricey for Vietnam... However, I don't care, I will be back if I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
La Veranda Resort Phu Quoc - MGallery Collection
Famiana Resort & Spa
Famiana Resort & Spa
#10 of 97 in Phu Quoc Island

Been to Cassia Cottage? Share your experiences!