Cassia Cottage
$46
$26
$25
  • Breakfast included
Phuong Binh House(Duong Dong)
$45
$175
$107
TripAdvisor
1,242 results
All reviewsspice housebeach housephu quocfree cocktailmanager jimevery afternooninfinity poolthe cottagesoutdoor showeroverlooking the beachnight marketmosquito netgarden roomlong beachsea viewsao beachrelaxing holiday
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in June with 3 other friends. I think I would've enjoyed my stay more had I come here with my husband. It was raining on and off and my friends complained about there being no TV and the quality of the wifi was not good, we had to go to the reception area to pick it up. My main complaint was the wifi, I couldn't care less about there being no TV.

The food at the restaurant was ok, not great, this goes for the breakfast also. I was expecting more quality freshness, at breakfast the rolls were stale and the juice shake seemed to be sitting there for awhile. But in saying that the omelette I had made 4 days in a row was good.

The beach house was clean and spacious, with airconditioning in the bedrooms but not in the main sitting room, which was very stuffy, opening the windows and doors worked slightly. The pools are clean, the grounds are kept well and are lush.

I had a head and shoulders massage one day which was good but not as cheap as getting them on the beach up near Rorys - I paid $5 for a one hour full body massage.

The staff at Cassia Cottage are very friendly and helpful, especially Phuong, she was lovely. Didn't come across Amelie, was a shame because I had read many nice reviews about her.

I came here at the end of my Vietnam trip for rest and relaxation, this is exactly what I got.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Cassia cottage is a three star resort. A group of small garden cottages and beachfront villas. Eventhough they claim to only be a three star resort you can expect the most friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The staff is constantly listening to your needs and give plenty of advice. Dont book other five star resorts, read the other reviews on Cassia and you will book your stay at Cassia. You will not regret it. Good restaurant and the best sunset on the island.

Mark B, Owner at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Well, thanks. We like to hear that. But we don't claim three stars - only two. Bespoke Two star. That's us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited 4 years ago for 10 days, and came back this time with friends and stayed for 2 weeks. At first we thought that might be overdoing it, but boy did the time fly. We were ready to stay another week. I haven't had such a relaxing holiday since the last time we visited. Doesn't matter that there isn't a huge amount to do on Phu Quoc. Who needs to when you are staying at Cassia. Perfect location, exceptional staff, wonderful menu. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. And small enough that you aren't overrun with other guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are positioned well, but the beach cottages are best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

stayed 2 nights and absolutely loved the calm,the peace,the quietness,the serenity to say nothing of the lush gardens,the lovely,virtually private beach,the laid-back friendly and unobtrusive staff,the great food,the totally charming rooms---I could go on and on!!
Am confident that management will address the one and only downside-smoking in the outdoor restaurant- so that Cassia Cottage truly reflects its strong and otherwise clear claims to be eco-friendly
can highly recommend as a delightful break in a busy touring schedule!

Room Tip: is seems that quality and satisfaction are likely to be assured anywhere in the complrx
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came here in June (2 couples) at the end of of a month of touring around Vietnam. This was to be a bit of a treat to finish our trip, some rest and relaxation and sun before returning home to winter. Our first impression of Cassia Cottages wasn't good as we arrived in the pouring rain and had to huddle under a tree until someone came out with a trolley for our bags. We were expecting a luxury entrance to a sumptuous resort as we were paying at least double per night to stay here than anywhere else we had been in the whole of Vietnam and everywhere else we'd been had welcoming entrance foyers and attentive administrative staff. However, the reality was... a raincoat thrown over our bags, a hundred metre dash in the pouring rain to an outdoor restaurant where we were given a table to sit at which had 4 welcome drinks that looked like they'd been sitting there for the past half hour and then check-in sheets with the wrong names on. Our room was a more pleasant surprise but we were disappointed to find that the Spice House restaurant was closed down and the restaurant cum check-in area was the replacement venue. If we had been paying Vietnamese rates to stay here we probably wouldn't have been so disappointed, but at US$120 per night we were definitely expecting a lot more. The food was ok, not exceptional but not awful and the staff were pretty good, again not exceptional as in some places we had stayed. The adult pool was beautiful though and the sun even came out so we got some R&R as planned. Would probably never return to Phu Qoc island though, it's quite dirty, quite backward and very expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonWindust

Sorry, I guess we got a "Miss" with this guest. IT Does rain, like crazy, in monsoon season, and some guests start off disappointed with the weather. " A raincoat thrown over your luggage" sounds like to better start than " luggage got all wet" though. And the alternate would be and enclosed walkway, which would take us out of the cottage category.
We spoke to the staff about the welcome drink, and they were freshly blended as you arrive from local fruits.
As the other couple traveling with you gave top marks on the guest survey, we must not have missed so badly. You took our largest and most expensive sea view room for the stay at $120 per night and 75 M2. We also had rooms from $65- $80 that would have gotten us out of the overpriced category and perhaps raised our rating. And luckily you didn't go to the ot her top rated hotels on the island which were double our average rates in that period!
Thanks for your feedback, and if you return, we will surely do better.