We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Cassia Cottage on Phu Quoc. We followed our gut instint and booked despite finding very little information on TA or other forums. There was something that appealed to us before even getting there and our expectations were exceeded!
We were met at the airport for transport pick-up by a driver from a neighboring resort. The van was a bit rickety but it got us where we wanted to go (no charge).
Cassia Cottage is by no means a 5 star resort - but it is a very charming bed and breakfast on the beach with lots of comforts. The staff are excellent and very friendly - cleanliness and customer service are great. We had a seafront room that was very spacious - a side cot was added for our young daughter. Large bathroom with open shower but the room is big enough that you dont feel like the bathroom is all wet after use.
CC is run by Jim from NZ along with his very lovely wife and 2 children. They embrace this place with passion and are doing a great job. The staff are all locals who have great attitudes and appear to be quite happy with their work environment.
There is a cute little bfst area with plenty of cereals, fruits, juice, coffee, tea etc. to choose from - and made to order pancakes and eggs.
The pool area is lovely and very clean - looking out over the ocean. You are steps away from a nice stretch of beach that was very clean. The restaurant - the Beach Bar - is on the beach. Small umbrella tables in a garden area for lunch and dinner served on the beach. Great staff and the food is fine but could be improved. We ate bfst (which is included) and lunch on site but chose to have dinner at one of the many other beach front restaurants available. (highly reccommend Le Deauville which is about a 7-10 min walk towards the right)
CC is small enough that you easily have the opportunity to get to know Jim and family (if you choose) and others that are staying there. On the other hand if you choose to keep to yourself we found that everyone respected your privacy.
We were sad to leave CC - especially as we were moving to another pre booked hotel on the island for a few more nights.
We highly recommend CC and would definately come back - our kind of place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
- Cassia Cottage Hotel