Thanh Kieu Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
$124
$108
Agoda.com
Phu Van Resort(Duong Dong)
$65
$130
$110
$83
Trip.com
All reviewsmosquito netopen bathroomsuperior garden roomphu quocoutdoor bathroom was greatpancake stationnight marketnice bungalowsother hotelsgarden viewmainland vietnambuffet stylelunch dinnerwater pressurebreakfast was includedlaundry serviceyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

great price for phu quoc at this resort as we went just at end of rainy season, 30usd / night booked through agoda. very cute bungalow, open space from outside into bathroom so felt like you were showering outside which was cool! only weird part was open plan from bathroom to bedroom, no door so very intimate, will definitely make couples closer hehe!
guy working on reception was not friendly but helpful enough, organising taxi from airport (resort pay fare one way) and renting bike. two very gay guys serve breakfast everyday, great service and always extremely friendly.
we looked at other hotels and resorts, this was best price and good location. we would stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are same and very close to beach, you just pay more for beach view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family just left the island and had a great time. We booked for two nights and stayed for 4. The location is awesome. We stayed in a room with two double beds. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was pretty good. The best part about this place is the beach. It has a large area for kids to play and nice lounges to relax. We would love to go back to this resort. If I had to have a minus it would be that the rooms were not cleaned daily (a sweep would be nice due to all the sand).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a great choice I made! A sea-side room with an unbelievable view and a ten step walk to the sand. This resort is an unbelievable value. It's very reasonably priced and the rooms are spectacular. The staff is very friendly but seems a little hurried. The hotel was full over the weekend and they seemed a little understaffed but tried their best to keep up. The meals were fantastic and they have a very large menu for westerners as well (burgers were fantastic as was the Vietnamese curry). This hotel exceeded my expectations a million times over. If I ever go back to the island, I will certainly stay here again. I'd like to mention the grounds on the property... Absolutely spectacular. The courtyard is a real masterpiece and there are always groundskeepers walking through maintaining the gardens. It was really gorgeous! I found myself spending quite a lot of time just sitting in the courtyard! This resort is ideal for couples. I traveled alone and enjoyed myself very much but the majority of people there were couples... I'd recommend not taking children. I grew very annoyed, as did other guests, with one couple who'd brought their screaming toddler. That really takes away from the relaxation element the hotel works so hard to achieve. Again, this place is spectacular. I loved it!

Room Tip: I did grow frustrated with one thing... No wi-fi in my room. This is a problem that most shouldn't have... Since I was traveling alone I was needing wi-fi more than those who might be on a romantic getaway. The hotel claims to have wi-fi throughout, but many rooms near the water do not have any. They should, but the password couldn't be unlocked for some reason. The hotel said they were looking into it but nothing was ever resolved. Anyway, in the grand scheme of things... No big deal and something that could be corrected very easily. I will mention that wi-fi in the main area worked fine but I couldn't access it from my room. Everything else was perfect!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank zachgillman
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here from Aug 11-15, 2012 Was perplexed by the usual broad range of reviews (from heaven to hell) which i always take with a huge grain of salt and the understanding that the reviews tell more about the reviewer than the property under inspection. Some had complained about the heat and mosquitos while others claimed that that was not a problem at all. I can see both sides. When i first arrived, it was early afternoon. I'd taken a "garden" bunglalow" which basicially looks on the back of another garden bugalow. There are 3 rows of bungalos, with row 1 facing the ocean, and 2nd and 3rd rows directly behind and slightly staggered. Row 1 units not only enjoyed a lovely ocean view - but had a very steady and cooling breeze. The breeze diminished as you moved back from the beach - so that my unit #16, row 3, had no breeze at all. The brick bungalow construction and small side windows ensured furnace like conditions in the unit and I asked to move forward after only a few hours of coping. For $10 additional - I moved to the first row and enjoyed the simple but adequate furnishings for the remainder of the stay.
Some hotels are owned and staff by smiling individuals that take visual pleasure in aiding their guests, suggesting outings etc. The management team were not unhelpful, but their demeanor did not invite conversation or consulation. As a result, I rented my moto bike just down the road toward the highway where I also bought snacks for the room and paid about $1/kilo for laundry service.
All in all, this was a good value, but strongly advise taking a room in either of the first two rows of bungalows. Avoid #16.

Room Tip: Stay in forward cabins, and avoid the last row. Hot water seemed irrelevant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank rbrech
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well located, with the cleanest beach arround. Vietnam beaches have a lot of waste on them, and beaches in phu quoc are not an exception. Bungalows are integrated in natue and have no air conditioned. At first, we thought this coul be an inconvenient, but with the wind of the fan we had a great and quiet sleep.
Bathroom is like opened to the garden, but is well protected. I found it lovely, just like having a shower surrounded by nature.
Breakfast menu was very complete. Noodle soups are really tasty!! I woul recomend it, and I would stay there again if I ever go back to phu quoc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple