I stayed at Sea Star Resort with my wife and my son (15 month) for eight days. We had been recommended the place by our friends who have been there in early 2008.
We pre-booked through email. The bungalows with beach-view was occupied so we had one with a garden-view. The difference wasn't that big: with only 10 steps we had our feet in the sand and we could see the sea from the porch.
The bungalow was clean and had what you need: AC, fan, minibar and hot and cold water. Nice (hard) beds and mosquito-net. The only minus was that we couldn't rent a cot for our baby.
The service was almost perfect and done with humor. We were very well taken care of. For example, one late evening I asked the night portier if they had any crisps to sell. The restaurant was closed but he called a friend who 15 minutes later knocked at our door with a can of Pringles.
Sea Star is very well located on the beach, it is actually one of the prettiest locations on Long beach. The stretch here has nice sand, clear water and some nice looking palms who give good shade as well (needed for babies). Not crowded and you could really relax.
The restaurant was clean, neat and served fresh and tastful dishes. It is not the cheapest you can find and have a somewhat westernized vietnamese menu, but we were most of the time very content of the food and service here. Don't forget to ask for the fish sauce! Many of the other restaurants at the beach is also good (Tropicana etc), but for more authentic vietnamese cousine we went to the Night market in town.
To summerize: we loved Phu Quoc and we really enjoyed our stay at Sea Star. The place is very well operated and it really met our needs and demands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc is situated on the beautiful Long Beach, offers simple and comfy accommodation with free WiFi access in its public areas. The resort is proud to have the nicest stretch of Long Beach with natural shade from Malabar almond and coco trees. It was designed its rooms and bungalows with respect for the environment and sensitivity to local culture, a combination designed to give our guests a peaceful and rewarding experience. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests in every facet of our service. This means bigger rooms with spacious veranda, genuine local hospitality, complete tranquility and excellent value for money. Trip for leisure, recreation and holiday purposes, Sea Star Resort is an excellent choice for your stay in Phu Quoc Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Star Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Hotel Sea Star
- Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam