My partner and I are currently staying at this resort and we are extremely disappointed with the service and the room for the amount we are paying ($85/night). We're looking at leaving tomorrow to stay at another resort on the island it's that bad. We have a seaside villa and there is no doubting that the beach is lovely and the view beautiful but aside from this, the resort has little to offer in light of what we have found out there.
We sleep on a firm bed at home but the bed here really is exceptionally hard, we are talking sleeping on concrete hard, we tried to alleviate the problem by using our sun lounger cushions to relieve the pressure and this helped marginally but not enough, we tried to explain the problem to reception and we were laughed at before they called someone else to deal with the issue, we asked for a couple blankets or duvets to try to help and we are still waiting for them to arrive after 3 hours waiting and having reminded them twice, we were finally told they would drive later night sometime!
The breakfast is below average and I would recommend you by fruit off the beach sellers for better value for money. The staff are sullen and don't greet or say hello, except for one pleasant fellow in the dinning hall. The rooms are not cleaned properly daily, they are swept out and the bedding barely straightened but otherwise nothing else is done.
Now it might sound like I am difficult to please but we have travelled in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia alot and have stayed at numerous places ALL of which have been significantly better than this. With new establishments going up on the island (yes we went for a look at other rooms, were greeted well and shown rooms all will proper matresses and equal if not better facilities at much cheaper prices $35-50/night), this place will not last long. It was the pick of a poor bunch but times are changing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc is situated on the beautiful Long Beach, offers simple and comfy accommodation with free WiFi access in its public areas. The resort is proud to have the nicest stretch of Long Beach with natural shade from Malabar almond and coco trees. It was designed its rooms and bungalows with respect for the environment and sensitivity to local culture, a combination designed to give our guests a peaceful and rewarding experience. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests in every facet of our service. This means bigger rooms with spacious veranda, genuine local hospitality, complete tranquility and excellent value for money. Trip for leisure, recreation and holiday purposes, Sea Star Resort is an excellent choice for your stay in Phu Quoc Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Star Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Hotel Sea Star
- Sea Star Resort Phu Quoc Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam