Phu Van Resort
$45
$118
$99
Priceline
A74 Hotel(Duong Dong)(Great Value!)
$16
Daisy Resort(Duong Dong)
$50
$38
Priceline
All reviewspoolside bungalowfree upgradehuge poolvery nice staysun chairsphu quocyogurtevery morningmain townstayed here for nightsenjoyed our stayper nightbeach barnight marketbedsresortsunset
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The care I have received for all the staff, without exception, leaves me feeling delighted and astonished. Astonished because this quality of care seems to be so rare. Seems to be they've been well trained and it's certainly paying off. Yes, it's a little more expensive than some other places but after seven days, not one bum meal, not one act of surliness, so I think it's really worth it! Breakfast, which is included in the price, makes up for a slightly higher price - it's copious and caters to all nationality preferences - and i so enjoy having the choice between the beach and the pool. It's true that the mattresses are firm Soi should think it's a no no if you're looking for soft mattress. But it's not more firm than other Vietnamese places I've stayed in. If you don't stay, at least come and taste the food one evening, I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in 202, with a good view over the pool and out to the sea.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank LouiseRomain
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Phu Van resort for 2 nights in February 2014 with 2 friends. We arrived after a short journey from the airport and were greeted by the friendly front desk staff. We were quite early and so were advised that there would be a wait of about an hour for our room so we decided to leave our bags and go to explore. The first thing that struck us was the beautiful grounds and pool - nearly always empty and surrounded by comfy sun beds. Either side of the pool were the lovely bungalows. The whole area was spotlessly clean and very peaceful. We followed the signs for the beach which meant walking through another resort but on reaching it realised why there was no one around the pool! Absolutely stunning with white sand and calm sea! Bliss! There were a number of cafés along the sand all selling drinks and snacks although we stuck to the first one we came to which did amazing spring rolls. They also had two puppies running around which proved very popular with one of our party! I would also recommend the beach massage ladies - a 45 minute massage was just £3 and amazing!
Back to the hotel itself we were allocated our room which was absolutely fine - it would be fair to say that the money spent on the resort may have run out before the rooms were finished. It was of a fair size (and we had three beds in there) but as other people have commented, the bed was the hardest I have ever slept on. The sun beds were more comfortable. The bathroom was very dark and more of a wet room meaning that you couldn't shower without soaking the toilet! A strange light set up also meant that you couldn't have the bathroom light on without one of the lights in the bedroom being on too which was annoying if you wanted the bathroom in the night and didn't want to wake everyone. That said, it was very clean. Breakfast had a good selection and was of a good standard with eggs and pancakes made to order. The hotel is around 10 minutes by cab from Duong Dong which is well worth a wander - particularly the night market.
All in all I would stay at the hotel again - the staff and the grounds make up for the rooms but probably only for a few nights.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank little_birdy150484
Reviewed February 4, 2014

After reading mixed reviews on this hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. The beds are hard and the drink and food prices are expensive. The rooms are extremely clean and bug free. We stayed in a pool side bungalow which was very large and equally large bathroom. We didn't have hot water some days... but this wouldn't deter us from staying again. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the pool was wonderful.

The breakfast was very good, and for our other meals, some of the cheapest and best restaurants are on the beach closest to this hotel. To get to the beach you walk through another hotel, and it takes less than two minutes. The other hotel is cheaper, but the rooms require mosquito nets and those beds were harder.

Ask the day before if you want to rent a motorbike, as they were booked up when we did. However, there was other vendors close by that did have some available. Around 200,000 dong for the day... plus gas.

Try it for a night or two, and move on if you need to. It seems booking ahead in Phu Quoc is needed because these hotels get full very fast. We had trouble extending our stay do to no availability on the island.

Room Tip: Get a pool side bungalow, they are quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

To us this place seemed like it had just opened, so I can imagine with some time this place will be much better.
We found the staff didn't know what they were doing most of the time.
The rooms were clean, even though we had a room change due to being placed right beside noisy reception.
Pool was busy due to many people from the front beach resort using and holding the pool beds until they were ready to come back for a swim, which was annoying for those of us actually staying at this resort.
Hopefully this place takes notice of the reviews so that they can improve and become a 4 star resort.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Alimc05
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Lovely resort, great staff but the beds are tiny and the worst I have ever slept upon I my life. They are like sleeping on the floor!!!! Our bathroom (a wet room) was poorly designed and the toilet was far too close to the wall and the shower itself.
The pool area is lovely but the drinks are extortionate. There are many splintered tiles in the pool also that look hazardous to children.

The rooms are clean and the staff are helpful and friendly but as I only really see hotels as a bed to sleep in for the night I expect that bed to be sleep-able on. I think it's worth paying less and staying further our or more and stating in a better resort!

Stayed: January 2014