See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2016

We wanted to stay at these bungalows, but we couldn't get wifi the day before to book (luckily!)
I knew from previously that the price on an online booking site was something around 20$ per night for a bungalow with a fan, when using the standard exchange rate of 20000VND - so 400,000VND. When we arrived at the bungalows we asked to book in for a fan room. The receptionist quoted us 20$ but when I asked the price in VND she quoted us 44,0000 - so $22 per night! I casually mentioned that on the website we had checked it was a lower price in VND. She disagreed pretty rudely with me and told me that she knows exactly the prices online as she deals with them every day. So at this stage, a little annoyed with being treated as though we are stupid, I showed her a print screen I had taken 2 days previously of the price in VND. She than said that oh the price doesn't include TAX. So I pointed out on the printscreen that it includes tax. She is just a liar, out to grab every extra dollar she can.

She wanted then to put us in the worst bungalow she has, for a lower price - it is like a box with a small window, no hammock outside, and smells musty, also it is just inside the gate so would be noisy.

At that stage we declined to stay there, as my husband and I figured, if she is as rude to us at the start, she would probably try to rip us off during and at the end of our stay and we didn't feel like ruining our vacation!

In the end, it was not about the money for us, it was about the principle. We went to the bungalows next door and paid 30$ per night for a beautiful bungalow with AC, Mozzie net, and tranquility - not to mention the super polite and friendly staff.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Room tip: If you don't like rude rip-off scam artistry, don't stay here!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ciaraandgary
Reviewed February 5, 2016

I stayed for 3 nights in the fan only rooms. It was a bit extra for the air con but I didn't bother. The bungalow was what it was. Basic and the bed was a little hard but it was chill. Fresh towels, toiletries, clean bedding, water etc. It's close to everything including the beach and loads of bars and restaurants.

The owner (I forget her name sadly) was really friendly. She offered everything you might need- motorbike rental, boat trips, tours etc. Couldn't fault it.

Room tip: same same, but different
Reviewed January 13, 2016

We stayed for 6 nights and absolutely loved our stay! The bungalow is clean and equipped with two kingsize beds, fridge, tv, AC, clothe rack, tables and chairs and a locker. There is a porch outside with a hammock and seating accommodation so you can enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the resort. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach and right in the center of where all the bars and restaurants are at. The hotel itself offers very delicious food (we had breakfast there almost every morning).

Our highlight was the owner and the staff of the resort. They welcomed us very warmly and treated us like we were part of their family. They looked after us when we got sick and were always happy to talk and help us with any questions we had. Thank you for an unforgettable stay! We will be back :) Lea & Inka from Germany

Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

We rented motorbikes and got our laundry done. Both were cheap and the lady owner is good fun. Cheaper than surrounding locations. She has some good tourist advise on local pools you can use. She has a good selection of snacks for your motorbike trip and the beer is the cheapest in the street

Reviewed January 6, 2016

We booked the rooms directly with the host and the price is reasonable. Each room is provided with a large bed and a small bed, can host up to 3 people. The room is clean, one big mattress is hard but the smaller one is soft. The bathroom is also clean with hot water. It's not on the beach but it takes only 2 mins to walk to the beach. The beach here is quite busy. The surrounding area is nice with many nice bars and restaurants, some local restaurants and reasonable massage places.

We also booked a van from this hostel every day. However the driver always tried to bring us to shopping and expensive restaurants other than sightseeing and we missed visiting Phu Quoc Prison because after shopping the Prison was closed. One morning the driver never showed up at appointed time. We waited 1 hour until the host got us a new driver. I don't know what happened and they never gave any explanation nor compensation. About the restaurants we later on did research about good addresses by ourselves and gave to the driver, problem solved.

Date of stay: July 2015