The Arcadia is a beachfront property, but it needs to improve in several things.
1) the personnel, seemed quite rude or like they didn't wanted you to be there, and most of them without any knowledge of English. In case you wonder if the rudeness issue was with us, no, you can see the same attitude with every single foreign guest independently of which country they were from.
2) breakfast: really poor, at least 3 days in our stay they didn't have coffee and I had to bring some instant coffee which I previously purchased. Even funnier, they took it with them and brought me a small cup with very little coffee, so I think they also use it for other guests? No idea. You have to ask for butter, or a piece of cheese, and hope that they will understand (thanks to technology and their translation software!) The good thing is that they make very tasty omelettes and there is some local soup which is not bad.
3) Dinner: non existent. They told us that we need to ask what they have for food since many days they don't get new products (still, bars, restaurants and other hotels nearby did have a nice selection of both local and foreign food...) One day they said there was fish available. Other day, nothing. I stopped asking once I found the amount of restaurants near by.
4) Room: before going to bed, make sure that you remove all the bugs that usually will be around. At least the ones in the bed. Once it was raining so we stay in our room and we saw how they cleaned it. They didn't change the sheets... Also, don't get scared by the lizards scrolling in the walls (at least they eat the mosquitoes!)
5) Bathroom: Shower only, with almost no pressure, so it took really long to remove the sand from the beach. Just be patient (also be patient to get some hot water)
6) One day, since they didn't have any food in their restaurant and we had some leftovers from previous day from another restaurant, we kindly ask them to warm it for us. To our surprise, they charged 100.000 Vietnam Dong for just putting the food in the microwave for a few seconds... I know is not that much money, but if you DON'T offer dinner, you have a poor breakfast...I need to bring my own coffee...at least be kind enough to warm the food free of charge...
7) The beach yes, amazing. Even better than most of the hotels in the same area (I know this is just about being lucky with the tides or repairs around, but is really nice). They have some lounge chairs in the sand, and there is not that many people. They have towels available and you can get some refreshments from the bar.
If I recommend another hotel? Probably, but it all depends if you only want a very nice beach without people, or if you prefer a nice comfortable no bugs hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get ready for an exotic getaway in one of the jewels of the Orient – Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam. Revel in the Gulf of Thailand’s crystal clear turquoise waters. Bask in the tropical sun on the golden sands of Long Beach, one of the top beaches in Asia. Soak it all up at Arcadia, the newest luxurious private beach resort. Located in the heart of Phu Quoc’s tourism- Duong Dong Town.The freshly opened resort, provides 19 guestrooms and 9 bungalow suites- each warmly designed to be the epitome of luxury. Each bungalow suite is built with coconut-thatched roof. This architecture perfectly blends in with the island’s surrounding environment; whilst, delivers you a tropical utopia. Designed with utmost contemporary interiors- all guestrooms boast of marble flooring and bathroom counter-tops. Our bungalow suites are engineered with dark hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling windows for panoramic views. Every care has been taken to deliver an exclusive island beach vacation to our valued clients. The entire resort is beautifully landscaped- such that wherever the eyes turns, there are green lawns running into extensive stands of preserved native trees. Direct private access on Long Beach entitles you to the best of both worlds- natural setting with coziness of the tropical forest, and the warm sunrays dazzling on the crystal clear blue water. As one of the best beaches in Vietnam, Arcadia Resort promises you the beach vacation of a lifetime. Take one of the multiple daily flights that connect Ho Chi Minh City with Dong Duong. Or enjoy a 1.5 hours ferry ride up from Rach Gia or Ha Tien port. A brief interlude and you will soon be far away from the madness of metropolitan life, reveling in the calm waters of the Gulf of Thailand. Arcadia Phu Quoc Resort welcomes you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arcadia Phu Quoc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arcadia Phu Quoc Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam