“Parlez vous Plonger?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flipper Diving Club

Flipper Diving Club
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Duong Dong
More attraction details
Owner description: Flipper Diving Club will be delighted to take you on your next scuba diving adventure in phu quoc Vietnam, whatever your scuba diving experience or level is. We will cater for your scuba needs and desires, whether you are interested in just an intro dive, full diving course or just fun diving.We are a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Resort with fully experienced and certified scuba diving staff. Our scuba diving team speak English, French, Dutch, German, Russian, Swedish. Our Diving Club has international scuba diving insurance for all our customers and each instructor carries additional scuba diving insurance. Contact us now to learn more about scuba diving in phu quoc, Vietnam.Flipper Diving Club is the longest established PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Resort in phu quoc, and was established in 2009. We offer daily dive trips and PADI Courses from Open Water Diver to PADI Instructor. Our main office is at 60 Tran Hung dao, duong Dong.
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Parlez vous Plonger?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

With 10 years+ of diving behind me and over 700 logged dives, I'd like to think I can be critical here....I'd actually find it hard though.

Everyone on board was really friendly and the equipment was all in good condition. The crew themselves were all dressed smartly....as smart as you'd want to be on a tropical island...which provides a professional feel. Three out of the four crew were French, but spoke excellent English.
Lunch was great and cooked fresh on the boat. Plenty of fresh drinking water and other drinks available to buy onboard if you want.

The briefing that I received was as good as any I've had in the past and the dive itself was well guided.

If I can gripe about anything:
- They were about 10-15 minutes late for the pick up...So what? We weren't in a rush.
- The tanks were a little on the low side of the fill, but as the diving was shallow, that wasn't really an issue and I still came back with 70-80 bar.
- I wasn't asked for my diving cert card, or to sign any indemnity, or waiver forms....To be fair, they knew I was a former instructor, so that may have been the reason.

We dived at the very beginnig of December on the North side - Turtle Island.
The diving itself was fairly average. Mostly small colourful fish, but don't dive o Phu Quoc expecting 50M vis, or large palaegics. Some great micro life, but as with a lot of Vietnam, dynamite fishing has had an effect. The highlight was the giant puffer, which was the largest I have seen.

I understand that the South of the island is better, but wasn't open to diving when we visited.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Speedos70

Worksop, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“professional dive comany.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We booked with Flipper dive company myself & my wife. (Steve & josi) on a fantastic trip out diving. It was my first try dive which went very well. It is a well organised company/team with the well organisation from manager Neil.
Thanks Neil. Would highly recommend this company on the basis of fun - value for money- food - safety. Thanks team.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Well run and great place to dive with”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

3 of us did our open water dive course with flipper while in phu quoc. Our instructor Neal was very attentive and helpful when one of us was struggling with certain parts of the course. He also helped us out with directions around the Island and places to go see and drink at.

Would reccomend anyone who is thinking of doing a dive course to do it at flipper, just watch out for the beer fines.

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nicely run, professional dive company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Very well run dive outfit, great guides and staff, well explained and executed dives, very reasonable rates (cheaper then Rainbow Divers despite using the same boat and sites) and even throw in lunch!

We dived in October, the end of the low season and they were honest enough to not try to sell us the more expensive trip down south as it made no difference at this time of year.

We had one divemaster for the two of us so lots of time and space to explore. We had Anna from Germany leading who is very friendly and knowledgeable so were in good hands.

We shared our boat with divers from rainbow divers and despite doing the same dive sites and sharing the same lunch, we paid $10 less then them !

I definitely recommend Flipper diving club

1 Thank kam_66
Montreal, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Friendly and very attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was there during low season and there wasn't enough divers to book a tour. However, Willy was very helpful and manage to put together a trip for us. My instructor was Neil and he is the best of all! As I am a "newbie", he was very attentive, helpful and patience. I would recommend this diving club and would come back if I have a chance. "Chapeau à tout l'équipe".

Visited June 2012