“1 hour for a dry burger + owner was disrespectful”

Dr Sweet Smoke Phu Quoc
Ranked #78 of 217 Restaurants in Duong Dong
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ordered a beer and a glass of wine. The bear came on time. The wine 15min later, after that we wait for 50 minutes (seeing other food being served on other tables) we asked 4 times for our order, never got a real answer. When the food finally arrive we didn't have cutlery or napkins.

The burguer was dry and the ribs ridiculously sweet.

When we complain to the australian owner he was really disrespectful and almost aggressive

2  Thank Facundo M
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is the owner of this place. I waited 45 minutes for my order, and everytime I asked for it he would say it was coming.
When it finally came to the table and still missing a juice, there weren’t even napkins or cutlery ready for us. All the other tables next to us were getting their orders, even the ones that came after us.

When I was leaving I told him I would’ve really appreciated if he were to say sorry cause he still hadn’t. And he started excusing himself for how much he’s been working the night before, and said I was talking bad to him and wasn’t respecting him and the place he lives in (which has literally nothing to do with anything, and then started telling me to leave the place and that I was pushing my luck with him. Sounds like a threat to me. Extremely rude owner, no worth it at all.

1  Thank diegog438
Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Positive: service was okay and the food was served quite fast, the siracha sauce for the chicken wings was delicious
Negative: the food itself was of poor quality, the chicken wings had barely meat on it and the bbq ribs for 450k were highly overpriced. The fries were flavorless.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Absolutely magnificent!! Talk about a gem, of a restaurant! Been here several times as I find myself a bit of a bbq expert of sorts. Dr sweet smoke is the man however. This is authentic bbq you find at completions on like the food network and such.

So went here with my boys. Stated with beers, led to cocktails and finished with scotch. The bar menu is extensive and we ALL had a blast. Service was outstanding, in fact this is why I decided to come back with my misses.

Misses and I came a few weeks later. Enjoyed a beautiful bottle of wine, and both had a steak that was undoubtedly the BEST we’ve ever had. Is don’t just say this lightly. I’ve been to some of the best steak houses in Las Vegas, LA and NY but this was better then any.

Top it off the staff remembered me and gave my wife and I super service. Not only is the food incredible the service will make you want to come back again and again even for drinks at the bar. It’s just a good vibe and a place that makes you feel welcome.

So thanks AGAIN and next time I’m in Phu Quoc, you know where to find me, DR sweet Smoke!!

1  Thank 140gf
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

Tomahawk steak 1.5kg cooked to perfection.
Cooked by miss Han,
She asked me how I wanted and she didn’t disappoint, best steak place on the island and the ribs the week before fell apart In my fingers.
Awesome