Came to this place in early December for 2 nights after we couldn't secure a longer stay at the beach club. We went all the way up long beach and found this was the best value on offer. Paid 40US for a air conditioned bungalow in high season.
This place met all my '5 criteria' for a great budget hotel (probably not budget but for phu quoc high season it is).
1. Hot water works and is plentiful
2. Comfortable bed
4. Air conditioning which worked
5. Wifi (although can't get it in the rooms)
The location was excellent. In Phu Quoc the best place to stay is in the main section of long beach as garbage floats all onto the island's beaches from the gulf of thailand and unless the beach has an adjacent hotel it isn't cleaned. This means that all the 'deserted beaches' are actually garbage dumps. Because this is in the middle of a beach covered in hotels/resorts it is clean and nice to swim in.
The service was great and the family was friendly. The puppies were super cute. The restaurant out the front was cheap, delicious and right on the beach. Lounge chairs were provided for sun baking.
Only negative of this place was Amigo's, their noisy neighbours. They run a bar that plays live music to midnight. Although I was over there the first night of our stay (which was great) we decided to get an early night the second night of our stay because we had an early plane to catch. Got woken up multiple times by the loud music and drunk patrons all the night until around midnight. The sound goes right through the walls. It isn't LHT's fault but it does effect you. Would be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
Would I recommend to others?
Yes, but not if you are a light sleeper and/or don't like going out at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 km far from the centre of Duong Dong town, Lien Hiep Thanh Resort is set in the long beach - a wonderful destination for those who looking for a romantic and peaceful vacation. At Lien Hiep Thanh Resort, you will enjoy quite and private white sandy beach, turquoise water, gently sea-breeze, lush tropical gardens, colourful flowers and the best services from active and friendly staff. Along with comfortable accommodation and plentiful hotel activities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lien Hiep Thanh Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lien Hiep Thanh Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Lien Hiep Thanh Resort Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam