Long Beach Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
Truong Linh Phu Quoc Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$17
Famiana Resort & Spa(Cua Lap)
$78
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Praha Hotel(Duong To)
$48
Langchia Village Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$75
$22
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $26/night.

Phu Quoc Valley Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$39
Agoda.com
Sol Beach House Phu Quoc(Duong To)
All reviewslong beachwooden bathphu quocancient wingmodern roomsdiscounted ratewaters edgesmall windowquieter roomset in beautiful surroundingssnapperflight timessun beds around the poollovely guybars and restaurantsrestaurant calledbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent two days here during a business trip to Ho Chi Minh City. From the time we were picked up at the airport until we were dropped off the next day, we enjoyed our stay. The resort is absolutely beautiful with the rooms located in groups called Ancient Houses. The rooms are carved wood and different than anything I have seen before. My favorite place though the was the beach. It is set up so beautifully. Truly picturesque. My only complaint would be the beds are not very comfortable and just as I fell to sleep, the large Chinese family reunion that was staying in the rooms in my Ancient House were up bright and early calling to each other from room to room. So much for sleeping in. My highlight was the Ancient Spa. The Vietnamese massage that I got was absolutely amazing and a great value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisazar
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I liked this hotel but my wife was not quite so keen.
The hotel is located at the bottom end of the very pleasant Long beach but it is not far at all from the many restaurants and bars on the beach.
The sea was lovely except for the nuisance of the 'sea lice' which were abundant and particularly irritating to those of us who are allergic to them.
The design of the buildings and grounds offers a very nice feeling of oriental charm and the wooden room interior is also a nice touch.
There was a nice enough pool which was always very quiet, in fact the whole hotel seemed very quiet over the five days that we stayed there, there can't have been very many guests.
My wife, son and I did a cookery class with the Vietnamese head chef who was a lovely guy. A fun experience and some extremely tastey food produced.Excellent evening.
Al off the staff were very polite and did all they could to help.
On the downside: The housekeeping staff never seemed to get to grips with the fact that there were three of us staying in the room so we required three sets of towels. The aircom, room safe and bathroom plumbing all malfunctioned and needed to be repaired- though this was swiftly done. Most breakfast items had gone by 9.30 , which is pretty poor when breakfast is supposed to be served till 10.00. The head chef did one morning put out some more food when I pointed this out.
The home brewed gold beer was not available at any point during our stay, we were told it was being made and would soon be ready.
Wifi was hit and miss in our room and in pretty much every other part of the hotel also.
The quietness of the hotel and the fact that part of the hotel was closed, seemingly undergoing some sort of renovation, gave a slightly surreal feel to the whole place.
In spite of all this I liked the character of the place and thought it was reasonable value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Simontees
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having read previous reviews, I had mixed feelings when I booked here but due to availability this was our best option. Previous reviews talked about the resort being half closed...and it is true most of the buildings in this quite large resort aren't being used and it is weirdly quiet.

The service, mainly provided my phillipino students was very welcoming - we were impressed by our airport collection, and attention to detail and thoughtfulness with a special cake as it was our anniversary when we stayed here.

But for the price, it lacks slickness, when you are on the beach, having to get up and walk over to the bar to order drinks gets annoying. Especially when there seem to be so many staff 'setting up' for things.

The location is at the end of the beach - this was not a problem for us as we hire a bike, but it is worth being aware that it is a cab journey to get to alternative restaurants and the tourist night market.

Overall the rooms are good, but the overall environment lacks atmosphere and feels like you are staying somewhere off-season when the focus is on doing up the resort. Depends what you are looking for, but there are plenty of cheaper places, right on the beach that I think might be more interesting to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We finished our tour of Vietnam with a 3 night stay at Long Beach. Challenging review here, because there are some things that are good, some that are not so good and some that are odd.

We are a family of 4 (2 kids 10, 7) who wanted the following: Swimming pool, proximity to beach/ocean, access to activities, and a decent room with a/c.

Breakfast is good, diversified and plentiful, despite some of the other reviews.

The construction/ craftsmenship of the buildings is quite a site, very detailed and expensive...probably a little overkill, but overall in these areas, LB served us well and receives high marks. The rooms were comfortable enough..a/c worked fine, fan fine, tv fine, bathrooms/showers spacious and nice. Service is fine, and actually some may say a little over attentive. Pool is awesome, despite the 200 meter walk.

Not so good.

worked out to about $330/night for an Ancienst suite, so I think it was a bit overpriced. Granted, we stayed there on the waning days of Tet, but still a bit pricey for the environs..

Laundry. They charged $50 for a bag full of laundry.

Meals, drinks pool side, again overpriced..8 bucks for a boubon and coke, really? Towels. Can we just get some towels by the pool? The design/layout of the resort is not good. Really , really long walk to get around, ie to the beach or pool...

Odd. Again the layout of the resort, just kinda weird, expensive build, exotic design, ponds and bridges are nice but seem to be overkill. Some big structures that are between the suites and the pool/beach are just odd..bad design. Philipino Band, playing nitely to a crowd of....no one....again odd. We felt for them.

Overall the place has some nice attributes, but we felt overpriced. We speculate that the owner/developer is the proverbial kid who has all the money and toys, but no one wants to play with him/her.

Randy Parker, USA

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rpark101
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed 4 days at Long Beach resort over chinese new year holidays. We had 3 rooms for 6 adults and two young children. Overall we had a great time as it was geat just being all there together. Having said that, this resort is definitely not one I would stay in again or recommend to anyone.

To keep it short, you should only consider this hotel if you really do not expect to need anything else but an air conditioned room with a clean bathroom and hot water. If you expect a "resort experience" do not stay here. As mentioned by others, the grounds of the hotel are fine and the beach area is really nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable if on the small side. Everything else is a let down:

- service is abysmal. The staff is kind and polite but completely clueless on even the most basic stuff. I think there are basically two issues: not enough staff around (which is rare in Asia) and those there (mostly non vietnamese actually) act as if they had just arrived and are discovering the resort at the same time as you are. Everybody seem to be "junior" with no experienced managers around to manage the whole thing. This could be because the resort is not managed by an international / experienced hotel management company

- food is terrible. Breakfast spread is very average and selection for lunch / dinner is both limited and really not good, particularly for the price

- pool area is small and unimpressive (a grand total of six sun umbrellas...)

- I wont dwell on the details but many other little things are really annoying (2 small bottles of water allowance per riom per day! No fitness center, Etc etc)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family